Head of EMEA Client Onboarding & Implementation, SSGA Investment Operations, VP
High calibre manager with a strong knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience required to lead the EMEA Client Implementation Team at one of the industry's largest global institutional asset managers.
State Street are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
EMEA Client Implementation is positioned within Investment Operations and is responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of all new business events and change events for our EMEA Clients and Products including:
- Institutional client events such as new mandate implementations, benchmark changes, changes in custodian or administrator, variations to investment strategy, inspecies, fee changes, market openings, broker onboardings, futures clearing and derivative arrangements;
- Product events such as new Fund Launches, Mergers, Restructures, Closures, inspecies and investor registration/participant account opening.
As Head of EMEA Client Implementation, you will be accountable for the smooth and controlled end to end delivery of new business and change events coordinated by your team. As the key management level contact point for both internal and external clients, you will take ownership of pipeline management and event allocation. You will be expected to understand events being undertaken by your team to a high level of detail and ensure successful delivery. You will manage key controls within the team ensuring ongoing risk excellence is maintained.
The scope of the role is broad and there will be regular and ongoing involvement with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Externally you will interact with clients, consultants, counterparts, custodians, fund administrators, transfer agents, investment and transition managers and other third party providers. Internally, key interactions will be with relationship managers, product strategists, portfolio managers and functional teams such as compliance, risk, legal, middle office and and trading.
- Accountable for the smooth and controlled end to end delivery of new business and change events coordinated by your team.
- Proactively manage the event implementation pipeline and management of the resource capacity to facilitate timely delivery to meet our client and internal deadlines.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the function, reviewing operating model, controls and functional positioning. Develop workflow to continuously improve client experience.
- Evolve KRI and KPI to effectively measure the success of the team and to identify areas for refinement/improvement. Produce governance reporting and team presentation materials.
- Represent the team and the function during both internal and external client meetings.
- Demonstrate technical skill and understanding detail of the work the team is responsible for completing so as to be well positioned to coach and solution.
- People management, including recruitment, goal setting, performance measurement and management, development, succession planning and training.
- Fulfil role of Outsourcing Arrangement Owner in relation to team activities that are delegated. Ensure compliance with the EBA guidelines on outsourcing and oversight.
- Maintain business continuity plans for your team.
- Contribute to global and regional project, for example initiating workflow system developments and enhancements.
- Participate in industry forums and maintain knowledge of market developments and technology relevant to the function.
- Ability to plan and run multiple priorities with capability to adapt and be flexible to changes in a delivery focused environment.
- Solution orientated. Driven and resilient. Comfortable with change.
- Analytical and inquisitive.
- Articulate and able to communicate confidently at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Organized with strong administrative skills and a high level of attention to detail.
Education and Experience required:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Industry qualifications considered an advantage.
- Prior experience in a client onboarding/implementation role, ideally in a management capacity.
- Investment Operations experience gained from an investment manager/buy side.
- Broad understanding investment markets and settlement. Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, OTC Derivatives, Pooled / Mutual Funds.
- An appreciation of asset transition/ inspecie mechanics.
- Project Management experience useful.
Direct reports: Yes (London) - 10
Matrix reports: Yes (Poland) – 5
Reporting to: Head of Investment Operations, UK
Persona: Hybrid 2-3 days per week.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Who we are looking for
Investment Operations aim to deliver a seamless interaction and client experience for both our internal and external clients. We seek a manager who is highly effective at bringing together the component elements to help ensure that the daily end-to-end operating model and processes are working effectively. This new and varied role will span across multiple functional teams within UK Investment Operations and have substantial partnership interactions with other functions across SSGA and State Street more broadly.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Operational Service Delivery you will
- Act as an advocate for our Clients within Operations.
- Contribute to the strategic goals of the function and support project delivery.
- Workflow analysis and process reengineering. Recommend, implement and manage appropriate change, instilling a culture of continuous improvement and increased efficiency.
- Collaborate with operational teams including Portfolio Services, Shareholder Services, Client Implementation and Client Reporting to further develop operational service and productivity metrics.
- Provide a point of escalation should there be any operational issues, errors or identified risk areas. Ensure incident management, timely resolution and risk mitigation actions are taken.
- Line management responsibilities primarily in respect of Shareholder Services, but also providing coverage oversight for other teams as required.
- Support the roll out of our Client Access Portal with focus on our Shareholder Services team.
- Oversee Client specific operational SLAs in collaboration with Client Implementation team.
- Develop broad knowledge of the functional areas so as able to represent Investment Operations at both internal and external client meetings. Contribute to ODD and RFPs.
- Work closely with our Strategic Partner Oversight and Governance functions, who monitor the service delivery standard of our Middle Office service provider and other third party providers including Custodians, Transfer Agents, Administrators and Technology Vendors, to ensure our Clients are receiving high quality outcomes.
- Continue to nurture the culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Support the business efforts to identify, measure and mitigate operational risk through the control environment.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Demonstrate a strong appreciation of the ever changing regulatory environment and consider the impact of changes on operational processes and reporting.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience of detailed, analytical work.
- Flexible, pragmatic and solutions oriented. Hands on when required.
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the experience of managing people.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Detailed subject matter expertise and/or breadth of experience within middle office or investment operations function (+5 years).
- Collaborative and a strong team player, but able to work independently too.
- Comfortable working with colleagues at all levels within a Corporate organisation.
- Project management skills an advantage.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.