OTC Derivatives Middle Office Oversight, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
OTC Middle Office Oversight provide support of OTC Middle Office operations for clients in EMEA, supporting both the clients and our offshore teams as well as internal stakeholders
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As OTC Derivatives Middle Office Oversight, Associate 2, you will
- Service Performance Review
- Due Diligence
- Continuous Improvement
- Risk Management
- Client Service
- Client Change Requests
- Measure offshore teams’ performance against KPIs & SLAs and report to key stakeholders;
- Serve as escalation point of contact for clients and client service teams on all sites in case of issues occurred in offshore locations;
- Act as a central point of contact for offshore teams for processing and technical issues encountered in the daily business and/or ad hoc requests related to derivatives process;
- Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to technical issue resolution and share lessons learnt with team other team members and offshore teams;
- Work alongside the team on Client requests and projects
- Assist business in testing of new systems/applications;
- Assess performance and processing challenges at Client/Investment Manager level;
- Gather, transform and present data requested by management team or project teams;
- Demonstrate flexibility by supporting different client / country groups;
- Demonstrate excellent risk awareness (speaking up, supporting business team in meeting internal and external requirements);
- Evaluate trainings sufficiency and assist in the mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced staff; provide trainings to offshore teams;
- Coordinate Audits;
- Represent Governance Teams on the meetings/calls with internal and external parties.
- Support new Funds/Clients on-boarding (knowledge/communication to various teams and Clients/Investor Managers)
- Identify operational improvements and drive optimization in accordance with LEAN methodology;
- Ensure successful migrations, coordinate conversions/migrations in collaboration with offshore and donor teams.
What we Value
- Proactive approach to work on issues that arise;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision on the assigned task/project.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, applications and expand current knowledge;
- Aptitude for seeking out solutions and knowledge independently;
- Ability to break down a problem/process into sequential and logical steps;
- Ability to thrive and function in a deadline driven environment, juggle tasks and responsibilities within peak times;
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly effective communication and organization skills;
- Working experience with Lean methodology would be an advantage
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Finance, or related fields;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial services industry in areas such as: Asset Management, Fund Accounting, Reporting, VBA Development;
- Experience with Derivatives products;
- Experience with working with offshore teams would be an advantage;
- High level proficiency in MS Office.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.