Shared Services We serve and protect those who serve and protect us. Attracting and retaining the sharpest minds is essential for our Shared Services Business. Our aim is to recruit the very best talent. At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists. At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include; hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working. Our Shared Services Business If you'd like to make a real difference where it counts, BAE Systems is the place for you. From keeping soldiers, sailors and pilots safe to helping countries prosper, from developing the next generation of supersonic aircraft to investing in the next generation of super-smart talent - at BAE Systems, we work together to give our customers an essential edge in protecting the things that really matter. Lives, livelihoods, ways of life. As part of the Shared Services team, you'll be at the heart of this endeavour - working closely with our air, maritime, land and cyber and intelligence businesses to support our customers around the world. Join us and you'll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts. Financial Accountant - Financial Planning and Analysis Would you like to play a lead role within our Shared Services Finance function? We currently have a vacancy for a Financial Accountant - Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) at our site in Preston. We operate a hybrid working arrangement and other sites Shared Services sites will be considered.As a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for managing transactional activities and FP&A activities, providing management and direction to the Shared Services Transaction Plus team. The team deliver key data and analysis to Business Partners, the FP&A Finance Manager and the Shared Services management team and provide accurate and timely analysis to requests from within the Shared Service Line of Service (LoS) and the wider finance function.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work within a highly collaborative team with exposure to a range of stakeholders across BAE Systems.
Your main responsibilities as a Financial Accountant will involve:
- Providing management and direction to the Shared Services Transaction Plus team
- Supporting the delivery of reporting to FP&A team for consolidation, including IBP (Integrated Business Planning), QBR (Quarterly Business Review), MMR (Monthly Management Reporting), year end and half year reporting requirements
- Supporting the preparation of other key external reports in line with agreed timetables, e.g., CAAS submissions, SICA returns etc
- Supporting the preparation of timely and accurate responses to adhoc information requests as required
- Providing support to the FP&A management team through a period of significant changes
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to continuously improve the service provided
- Supporting the relationships and ensure effective interfaces with stakeholders, including: - Shared Service finance teams, ensuring MMRs, half year and full year reporting, IBPs, statutory reporting and tax packs are submitted to time and to the required quality - BAE Systems businesses, ensuring recharges are agreed, invoiced and cash received on a timely basis - Other LoS finance and functional teams
- Supporting the implementations of an effective and robust financial control environment across the FP&A and LoS finance function, including compliance with Finance Policies Manual and Financial Controls Framework
- Contributing to the finance assurance and business risk in Shared Services, including relations with internal and external auditors
- Supporting the wider Shared Services objectives by ensuring services provided to customers are of highest quality and meet their requirements
Your skills and qualifications:
Degree qualified (Finance related) / fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)Technically strong, with sound knowledge of financial reviews, reporting and all FP&A activitiesTechnically strong, with sound knowledge of financial reviews, reporting and IBP activitiesThe ability to work closely with other finance team members to support the delivery of team objectives.Experience of managing a small finance team is desirable
What we are looking for in you: You will have the ability to influence individuals inside and outside the finance function and work in partnership with services providers across end-to-end processes. With your strong interpersonal skills, you will interface with and build effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Using your high levels of organisation, you will effectively manage multiple delivery requirements to meet changing and challenging deadlines. You will be comfortable working on your own initiative to take decisions within agreed authorities in support of ongoing business requirements. Location:Preston (hybrid working arrangement). Other Shared Services sites will be considered. Salary:£40,000 + Depending on experience Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive. BAE Systems: BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.