Metrics COE, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Metrics COE – Assistant Vice President is a versatile individual with an understanding of State Street’s services and platforms as well as excellent analysis skills for development and support of Metrics COE solutions, services and product offerings.
A successful candidate will work under the direction of the Metrics COE – Vice President to seek metrics solutions to meet business needs as well as lead the development of department objectives and oversee the implementation of process improvements.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As part of a small team, you will work together with the global head of the Metrics COE to accomplish the following.
Improve the quality and scope of data that is covered by the Metrics COE:
- Establish a stronger quality control process with Client Service, Global Delivery and our Joint Venture partners
- Actively work with Client Service to cleanse the MDM Hierarchy so that it can be used as a single source of client mapping
- Build a data dictionary with detailed metric and KPI definitions as well as information about the calculation methodology, data source and lineage
- Increase the scope of Metric and KPIs to cover all Back and Middle Office data as well as all business segments (e.g. Insurance, AIS)
- Establish the necessary infrastructure to integrate AIS and Middle office metrics, both of which are currently managed in a decentralized and manual model
- Create new processes and procedures as required to introduce some level of automation and standardization
Provide project management and governance for the Client Workbench initiative:
- Take on overall Project Management responsibility for the creation and roll-out of a client workbench for the client service organization and eventually clients
- Drive strategic decisions (tools, etc…) around a comprehensive solution for the workbench including metric tracking, data management and data visualization strategy across both Back and Middle Office requirements
- Develop a roadmap for the implementation of new technology including Azure/Snowflake in alignment with the overall GD Simplification Plan; including alignment of data and reporting initiatives as required to prevent duplication
- Clearly define roles, responsibilities and expectations across the key stakeholders including the Metrics COE in addition to the broader Global Delivery organization, Client Service, IT and other stakeholders like Alpha
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.