Expressions of Interest - Manager/Senior Manager Product Control
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate, government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
IB&M Finance supports the business in providing financial control, financial analysis and insight, product control, regulatory accounting and related project and strategy implementation support.
Product Control is a key part of IB&M Finance. It is a global team responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business.
The Product Controllers mandate is to maintain a strong control framework around daily P&L and financial reporting. In addition, developing relationships with Front Office & other stakeholder areas such as Risk and Operations will be a key success factor in order to promote the Product Control group as a trusted and respected business partner.
Do work that matters
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversight over a team of two product controllers;
- Preparation of daily P&L reports
- Analysis and interpretation of daily results in line with market moves, P&L drivers and risk positions including investigating variance to trader estimate and ensuring revenue attribution is accurate
- Liaise with Front Office, Operations, Market Risk, and other stakeholders to resolve issues
- Partner Front Office on strategic desk initiatives
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of product source system data interfacing the general ledger
- Balance sheet substantiation
- Month End ledger close
- Assistance in statutory and regulatory reporting
- Ongoing enhancements to improve efficiency and controls and add value to the business
- Involvement in project work
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge of Financial Reporting standards
- Strong numeracy, product system and general ledger systems and reporting package skills
- Experience in a Product or Financial Control function
- People management skills
- Numerate with good understanding of financial products including derivatives
- Experience across a broad range of asset classes and product types
- Understanding of valuation concepts and methodologies
- Understands business drivers to provide genuine business valued output and analysis
- Control focussed with the ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 17/05/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.