Accounting, Insight and Advisory Supervisor/Assistant Manager
This exciting role is to join the largest Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team in the North East, based in our Newcastle office. The ABA team is split into two specialist sub-teams - Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA) and Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR).The role is Supervisor in the Accounting, Insight and Advisory team. As a supervisor, you will work on a broad range of assignments across a variety of sectors. The opportunity exists for progression within the firm and an applicant to Supervisor role can work towards Assistant Manager upon joining. RSM is the market leader to mid-market clients and a range of career and development opportunities exist for an applicant.
It is an exciting time to join the team as our work with clients becomes increasingly digital. A part of the role is bringing RSM’s new digital solutions to market and our client base. Our digital platforms provide the bedrock of providing meaningful insight and advisory to our clients. The ability to develop warm and strong personal relationships is key to this role. Key areas of client delivery are:
The preparation of high quality year-end statutory accounts;
- Helping our clients leverage their cloud-based accounting platforms;
- The provision of insightful management information;
- Forecasting and cashflow projections using RSM’s approved software platforms; and
- The introduction of supplementary advisory and compliance services to our clients including Tax matters, global expansion, and corporate finance
RSM’s client base in this area is a mixture of businesses from corporates on 24-month runway towards audit, as well as established and exciting small businesses in the local market. Most RSM clients have international operations and exciting growth plans.
- Supervision of junior team members in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with UK GAAP and relevant accounting standards.
- Leading on more complex accountancy related projects for clients as they arise.
- Ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To act as key contact with the client and to communicate any problems or issues identified, along with suggested solutions. This includes always practising the principles of excellent client service.
- To liaise across departments within the office and ensure that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To support the training and development of the staff within the department.
- Willingness to travel to clients premises in the region as required, establishing strong client relationships.
Key Performance Measures
- Delivery of high quality service to clients
- Deadlines are met
- Budgets achieved
- Adherence to the firm’s procedures
- Flexibility towards hours of work and tasks performed including assisting other staff e.g. dealing with urgent tasks at short notice when required
- To keep confidential any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff and clients
- Portray the Firm in a professional manner through appearance, conduct and attitude
The role requires:
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Strong accounts production skills.
- Candidates must be part or fully ACA or ACCA qualified or have significant relevant experience.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.