Financial Reporting, AVP
Basic Purpose of Job:
This role is responsible for planning, scheduling and managing the financial reporting workflow of multiple client relationships. The role involves interaction with various units locally and overseas. Accuracy, timeliness and delivery of client service are imperative in this position with increased focus towards quality controls, documentation and process improvements.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Ensures timely and accurate production of financial statements and related regulatory filings, as applicable, for each client relationship. Acting as escalation point where is applicable.
- Identify risk issues, breaches and act in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures. Ensures all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as makes recommendations for changes.
- Oversees the effective coordination of activities with other departments.
- Understand the end to end process and be able to seek support to clear out inter process upstream / downstream dependencies, suggest process improvements and be able to seek support to drive projects to create efficiencies / enhance controls
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify automation opportunities by analyzing processes and assessing feasibility for automation
- Evaluates staffing needs while continually striving for greater efficiencies.
- Ensures all personnel are appropriately selected, thoroughly trained and given timely and complete performance evaluation feedback.
- Remains informed of regulatory changes and new industry and competitor developments.
- Other special projects or tasks assigned.
Education and Experience
- Post Graduates (CA/CPA/CFA qulified) preferably or Bachelor degree with Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm relevant experience
- At least 10 years of experience in a financial reporting or financial services environment. 4-5 years supervisory experience is required.
- Solid experience in statutory reporting and applications of accounting standards in accordance with IFRS and GAAP
- Good leadership, negotiation and analytical skills, proven track record of efficiency creation, staff development and people management skills
- Good understanding of managed investment funds, relevant accounting standards and applicability
- Familiar with financial services and investment products
- Detailed oriented individual capable of performing in a high pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Good knowledge of Internal Systems, MS office (excel, word)
- Data & Analysis - Posesses strong attention to detail. Demonstrate good analytical skills in resolving the team issues and facilitates decision making
- Have mindset to continuous improve processes and action on it
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.