Equities Product Controller - Vice President
Job Description Vice President, Finance Control Group - IED Derivatives Product Control
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
We are currently recruiting for Product Controller - Vice President (VP) for the EMEA Institutional Equities (IED) Derivatives business.
As the Team lead you will be responsible for day to day functioning of the team, managing stake holder expectations, collaborating with functional partners, and driving and executing projects from Finance and Business perspectives. You will be required to review and sign off team deliverables and ensure they are delivered at agreed standard of quality. You will be required to get hands on with team processes and get involved in processing in event of team having resource crunch.
This is a high-profile role, which requires the individual to work closely with colleagues across the global organization in Finance, Operations and the Business Unit.
More specifically the successful candidate will:
- Review and when required perform daily reconciliation of the Risk systems attributed P&L to the Reporting system
- Manage team deliverables; ensuring delivery SLA & quality are met.
- Perform team assessment and evaluations
- Identify and remediate control gaps.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner
- Prepare daily P&L reports for distribution to the business unit and finance senior management for review
- Understand the businesses supported including the strategy, products and inherent risks.
- Understand the risk & reporting systems and contribute to enhancing the control environment.
- Contribute to Finance projects, process enhancements, UAT testing, BCP testing, etc.
- Strong academic background, specialization in Financial Accounting
- Prior Business Unit/ Product control experience with a knowledge of financial products, preferably Equities & Exotic Derivatives Products.
- Strong analytical and people management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Chartered Accountant / MBA or equivalent specialization in Finance stream
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.