Lead Financial Analyst (SEATW Dealer Performance Management)
The Finance Manager role (Dealer Performance Management) works extensively with commercial and FP&A team across Southeast Asia and Taiwan divisions. To define, design and develop analytic solutions to evaluate and benchmark dealers’ performance, optimize dealer management & governance process, and mitigate risks. The role will work closely with Legal team and Internal Control team to identify the gaps with the existing contracts, drive strategies to improve dealer inventory and payment management.
This role will be part of Thermo Fisher Scientific APAC Finance Leadership Accelerated Development Program (LEAD).
The LEAD Program is a three-year program focused on accelerating the development of leadership and finance competencies though rotational experiences, active networking and relationship-building, and delivering valued business results. During the program, talents rotate through 3 different finance areas for approximately 12 months at a time. The 3rd rotation is typically an international assignment. We are looking for candidates with high self-awareness, analytical, curious, emotionally intelligent, and customer focused. Individuals who are responsive to feedback, willing to stretch outside their comfort zones, have strong communication skills, resilient, able to influence without authority, able to build strong relationships through networking and eager to take initiative and learn tend to be the most successful in this role.
Reporting & Analytics
- Build and maintain comprehensive dealer database for SEATW, covering segment categorization, revenue, margin, drive visibility of end customers and dealer inventory.
- Collaborate with the divisions to identify Dealer KPIs. Implement Dealer KPI and Performance Dashboard. Set cadence for on-going tracking process.
- Partner with Business Development Commercial Leader in driving Channel countries productivity analytics and Go-to-market strategy building.
- Partner with Legal and Internal Controls team to develop best-in-class practices for dealer compliance and governance process
- Work alongside Legal to maintain database integrity, develop and document internal procedures.
Continuous Process Improvements
- Design and lead process improvement activities
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Ad-hoc/continuous improvement projects including data/documentation maintenance, standardization and/or process improvements
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve, enhance systems and processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
SEATW Pricing Analysis
- Effective management and monitoring of SEATW pricing-related activities
- Work closely with commercial team, customer service and finance teams to identify and maximize business opportunities. Develop best practices and recommendations to improve pricing, tender and contract management.
- The role will manage 1-2 direct reports. Develops personal growth opportunities. Accomplishes staff results by managing job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy, Finance or equivalent / MBA
- 8 or more years relevant experience / business finance
- High technical/ systems proficiency. Strong financial analysis, financial modeling skills, familiarity with Data Warehouse environment, Power BI and SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Experience of project management is added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to craft out and deliver clear messaging to business partners and influence cross-functionally, able to take charge and follow-through.
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment is required.
The Leadership Accelerated Development Program Offers:
- Cross-functional rotations averaging 12 months in length. Each rotation is designed to help you leverage and develop finance and leadership competencies, as well as an understanding of the different business areas of Principal, while delivering on key initiatives for the assignment.
- The rotational path of each colleague is individually tailored to build your business acumen and offer leadership skills and experiences in alignment with business goals.
- The opportunity to learn about our business, company culture and what it takes to be a finance leader in our organization.