Head of Financial Planning
Head of Financial Planning reporting into the Director of Finance with responsibility for the long term financial plan, budgeting and forecasting process for the group.
The organisation is a large Housing Association based in London, which owns and manages 30,000 properties. Over the last few years, it has increased its development pipeline seeking to construct 1000 new homes in the next two years and continues to invest into the local area. On top of the housing services it provides it also works closely with the local community and grass root charities.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Financial Planning are:
- To support the development and execution of the Group's strategy by providing a comprehensive financial planning and analysis service.
- Interact with and advise directors, service heads and managers on departmental long term financial plans.
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders budgeting setting and forecasting process. Including assumptions in line with given timetables from management accountants.
- Oversee the creation of the organisation thirty year forecasting process, working with Business Partners across the finance team.
- Interpret, analyse and explain business unit performance using a range of financial and non-financial tolls and techniques.
- Work with stakeholders on monthly business management and performance and decision support.
- Management of three members of staff
Business Partnering across multiple work streams is huge part of this role - the successful candidate must have exposure of this in a similar role. You will have a track record of engaging with management with the gravitas to support and influence decision making in the business, demonstrating tangible benefits. A self-starter approach is key, with a 'can-do' attitude and the ability to recognise opportunities and drive forward.
- The successful candidate for the Financial Planning and Manager role, will be a CCAB qualified accountant with exposure to operating at similar level to the position. Ideally you will have exposure to working within the Housing, Not for Profit or Public Sector. Track record of engaging with management with the gravitas to support and influence decision making in the business, demonstrating tangible benefits. Ability to distil complex analysis and succinctly present findings. Previous experience of creating management reporting process and implementing financial controls across multiple departments. Experienced with using BRIXX or similar long term financial planning tools.
£80,000, 27 days annual leave, competitive pension, flexible working hours