Business Performance Manager
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology & Operations Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
See yourself in our team
Your team forms part of the wider Technology & Operations Finance Team of approximately 90 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Technology, Chief Operations Office and Business Unit CIOs.
This role is responsible for assisting the Executive Manager to provide financial support to the Strategy & Performance, and Chief Controls Office teams within Chief Operations Office (COO). These teams provide strategic support to the back and middle office functions within CBA supporting home and commercial lending processing, market operations and regulatory and control operations
Key duties will include:
- Provide insights, analysis and advice in relation to past and future financial performance
- Provide robust financial control and effective management reporting
- Provide decision support and reporting for Operations strategic initiatives and investment programs
- Develop and deliver meaningful insights to drive better business outcomes and provide commercial support, including cost optimisation and simplification
- Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on the financial performance of the business, the financial plans and forecasts and the financial impacts of change initiative.
- Act as a key point of contact for Operations in relation to financial performance
- Production of discussion documents on key business issues for respective leadership teams
- Engage collaboratively across Finance and Business stakeholders to help drive business outcomes, enhance cost transparency and become a trusted advisor
- Provide financial support for both BAU and investment related activities
- Background in accounting and financial management
- Demonstrated financial modelling and analytical skills;
- Broad stakeholder engagement skills;
- Knowledge of the financial services and / or technology industry, including technology developments that are impacting Financial Services.
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified.
- Accounting/finance management related degree; and
- Minimum of three years experience in Public Practice or in Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate in Financial Services and/or Technology
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.