Travel and Expense Administrator - Analyst
- Expense Management is comprised of expense report approval, invoice approval and travel pre-authorization.
- The Expense Management Analyst Professional is responsible for evaluation and approval of employee expense reports, invoices, travel requests and event budget pre-approvals ensuring adherence to the Firm’s Travel & Expense (T&E) and Gifts and Entertainment policy.
- The open position is required to fully understand, interpret, and communicate the Firm’s Travel & Expense Policy and all other policies relevant to the approval processes.
- The ideal candidate will anticipate problems and resolve issues independently using sound, thoughtful judgment in the application of Firm policies.
- Morgan Stanley is one of the world’s largest diversified financial services companies, with a reputation for excellence in advice and execution on a global scale. The firm maintains leading market positions in its three primary businesses – securities, investment management and credit services.
- With more than 55,000 employees in 41 countries, Morgan Stanley connects people, ideas and capital to help clients achieve their financial aspirations.
- As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is one of the top firms in mergers and acquisitions (M&A), underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, corporate debt issuance, and high-yield debt financing. With professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognized for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their business strategy and financial structure.
The IBD/ GCM EMEA Expense Management Team is responsible for all Expense Management matters for Investment Banking (IBD) and Global Capital Markets (GCM) Business Units for 14 countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa. The team partners with IBD/GCM Expense Management in Americas and Asia Pacific. Expense Management are the creators and enforcers of the Expense Policy. The team work alongside other Business Units such as; Institutional Equity Division, Legal & Compliance, Marketing and HR etc. to ensure that our employees adhere to all Morgan Stanley policies.
- Daily interaction with all levels of professionals at Morgan Stanley globally.
- Evaluate expense reports against Travel and Expense Policy (T&E Policy), confirm correct receipt attachment, and fiscally action (approve/return) expense claims
- Actively monitor T&E activity and, when suspected, identify possible fraudulent activity, suspected “exception” activity or non-compliance
- Evaluate travel requests against Travel and Expense Policy; review travel requests and exceptions; escalate out-of-policy requests as required
- Exercise judgement with policy interpretations and precedents to evaluate exception request
- Ensure T&E process and procedure documentation and user documentation are properly maintained and that necessary updates are created in a timely manner
- Monitor Corporate Card delinquency reports and interact with employees regarding payments
- Maintain expert knowledge of all expense policy and related policies and procedures
- Check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to transactions recorded by bankers and administrative assistants
- Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete
- Respond to inquiries on multiple expense topics to assist employees with expense submissions
- Provide solutions to user problems in a timely manner
- Create ad hoc and regular Expense Management Reporting extracting data from various Travel and Expense systems and combining with other Firm reports.
- Experience in auditing or a related field required
- Proficient in Concur, Tableau, and/or Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication required
- Ability to apply judgment and make sound, thoughtful decisions in high pressure situations
- Service Minded Attitude: patience, active listening, and problem solving in a fast-paced “customer” oriented environment
- Ability to act as a trusted resource; maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external counterparts
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.