Forecast and Planning Analyst
About the Role:
At Next, not only are we one of the UK’s largest fashion retailers, but we’re also one of the largest listed companies. Selling our own NEXT brand as well as hundreds of world-famous brands, in the UK and worldwide. What’s more, we’re growing. Fast. And it’s the kind of growth and investment that is exciting for everyone in our business.
Based out of warehouses in South Elmsall, we support our warehouse and distribution teams with tailored forecasts to help them plan the despatch and distribution of 14,000, 40-foot containers worth of stock per year to our 500 retail stores – and over 8 million online customers.
It’s safe to say our logistics operation is, well, huge. With over 7 million square feet of warehouse floor space. So, managing these operations in an efficient, cost effective way is about as important as it gets. Making sure our customers have a seamless experience starts here. While we’re finance teams, we work closely with operations at all times. Making this about as hands on as can be.
About the Team:
This is a superb opportunity to join our dynamic Logistics Finance team. Located within one of our Warehouse and Distribution Centres, our Forecasting and Planning team are responsible for delivering analytical support and forecast expectations to key stakeholders across the logistics operation to set strategic direction, with high level plans that align business views to keep everyone pulling in the same direction;
- Budgeting and forecasting interpreted from high level sales targets
- Analysing and reporting on key volume variances
- Sale event planning to determine the customer offer to ensure lead times are achievable.
- Capacity utilisation plans based on resource availability
- Providing detailed analytical support for project appraisals on feasibility
- Continue utilisation of new data highlighting opportunities to apply new data and information by creating reporting which aligns with business values.
- Provide seasonal unit forecasts for all sites and operations
- Deliver short, medium and long-term demand forecasts and corresponding pick capacity plans.
- Report on daily and weekly warehouse volumes, at various intra -product level detail
- Recognise key trends in volume and align to key events
- Performing scenario modelling to enable management to understand the impact of different growth scenarios.
- Review volumes and provide invaluable support during peak business periods to understand the impact on warehouse throughput and capacity.
- Understand the drivers behind volume increase and changes, and how this impacts the service we offer.
- Liaising with TP Client business managers to understand forecasts provided and the impact this has on overall site volumes.
- Playing a part in ensuring that the right stock is delivered to the correct warehouse and pro-actively monitoring on an on-going basis
- Support the operation and senior management with ad-hoc requests that support business growth.
- IT literate with strong Excel skills,
- SQL experience (T-SQL, SMSS, Databricks) would be preferable
- Ability to get data from a self-serve environment and analyse large quantities of data and present and have the ability to deliver in its simplest form to the key stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure implementation within the required deadlines
- Attention to detail is paramount to this role.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work to timescale, and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Able to communicate effectively and be self motivated
This role will mostly be office based as requires a degree of networking, learning and teamwork opportunities that being in the office provides. If you can do a certain task better at home; then we're happy to support some flexibility.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Next private pension
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.