Description of business unit
- This role is within the Group IRB Programme.
- Decision Science is part of the Credit Risk family within the Bank of Ireland Group Risk Division. It is the analytical centre of excellence for the Division and is focused on:
- Developing and maintaining the Group's credit risk models for decision-making, IRB/regulatory capital calculation, IFRS9 impairment calculation and other purposes.
- Designing and delivering credit strategies to support targeted business growth.
- Building automated decision-making models to support enhanced customer experience and increased process efficiency
- Devising and delivering data and analytical insights, intelligence and reporting for a range of business and leadership needs.
- Maintaining and enhancing the Group analytical, data and decisioning infrastructure.
- Decision Science sponsors the Group IRB Model Programme which is a multi-year programme tasked to re-develop, secure regulatory approval and implement the Group IRB model suite to meet revised ECB and EBA IRB Repair Programme requirements. In doing so, the IRB Programme aims to:
- Support targeted business growth through adoption of a single view of customer risk-rating for non-retail borrowers and improved risk measurement precision;
- Increase the pace of customer outcomes by enabling a revised retail / non-retail threshold and higher rate of automated decisioning;
- Simplify future model maintenance/change by re-platforming IRB models and adopting new digital tools for model insights and reporting.
Purpose of the Role
The role holder will be a senior analytical leader in the Group IRB Programme responsible for:
- Driving the development and enhancement of models.
- Supporting engagement on models with the Regulator.
- Lead specific model improvement projects.
- Lead business and other partner interaction.
- Provide input to internal model governance processes.
- Ensure internal and regulatory requirement compliance.
- Assure model documentation quality
- Support Regulatory model engagement.
What is the opportunity?
- We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join the Programme team and be part of a multi-year mission to fully re-build the Group IRB model suite.
- The Programme spans many disciplines and requires a wide array of different skill-sets from quantitative analysts to technical professionals, from project managers to business analysts.
- This job is open to those based in both Republic Of Ireland or UK with the primary office location as Dublin or Bristol.
- We value diversity in a programme in which strength comes from varied experience and backgrounds.
- We offer flexible working options. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available (subject to ongoing COVID measures).
- We would love the chance to meet with you to chat about the role.
A bachelors degree in a relevant discipline.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Significant experience of credit risk modelling, direct IRB experience an advantage.
- Strong experience of SAS or a similar package.
- Proven people leadership experience.
- Good critical thinking and influencing skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.