Sr Client Service Rep, Cash Operations
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) the Sr. Client Service Rep, Cash Ops is responsible for supporting servicing partners from our GFO and Wealth regions in relation to processing international wires/money movement. Primary activities include, but are not limited to, executing money and movements, preparing and producing client materials, resolving client inquiries, as well as ensuring accurate and complete account and presenting client disclosures directly to clients with regards to their international wires, ensuring adherence to Dodd Frank regulations. Of critical importance is their adherence to the procedures involved with requested activities. Additionally, the Sr. Client Service Rep is expected to serve as a mentor to fellow client service representatives and to strive to help evolve the processes, procedures and operating environment of their Cash Ops team.
- Executes client international wires as requested and confirmed by clients/servicing partners within daily time frame deliverables
- Maintains a strong understanding of required steps involved with each activity, proactively communicating with Servicing Partners/clients on any issues pertaining to their international wire requests to ensure excellent client service
- Addresses the requirements of each activity in a timely fashion and in strict adherence with Northern Trust and Enterprise Operations Risk Management and Compliance guidelines and procedures, promptly escalating any issues and/or concerns to management
- Reviews and maintains client records in relation to international wires processed, inclusive of any related documentation pertaining to the wires
- Maintains/develops strong knowledge of various business applications critical to international wire processing, while ensuring any process/procedural change is followed
- Strives to identify service efficiency and delivery enhancements, as well as process improvements, and periodically participating in business unit initiatives related to process, technology, and system enhancements when directed by management
- Keeps abreast of new or existing Northern Trust products, services and compliance requirements.
- Serves as a mentor to fellow client service representatives, offering guidance, encouragement and direction as needed.
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees.
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years in financial and/or client servicing experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of, banking and/or personal trust and advisory operations, products and services usually acquired through related work experience is required in order to skillfully assist relationship management teams in processing client servicing needs.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify, research and/or resolve requests, as well as to manage conflicting priorities and workflow.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred based on a large Spanish speaking client base.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.