Hedge Fund Accounting & Administration, VP
This managerial position is within the Asia Pacific Global Delivery (GD) Business unit located in Hangzhou servicing clients in Hedge Fund covering Middle Office and Fund valuation teams supporting clients across APAC, EMEA and NA.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
The is Global Product Delivery Fund Accounting representative role to HZ (1. operates with a view to aligning accounting processes globally in order to improving timeliness and accuracy whilst having a continued focus on efficiency 2.Involved in APAC accounting initiatives as the GD person).
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Vice President you will
- Your role as the Head of Fund Administration Operations, VP is to oversee the successful operations for the department.
- This is a senior leadership role where you are the lead manager, serving as a coordinator and escalation contact.
- You will be responsible for driving results to ensure client’s needs are being satisfied whilst also being responsible for identifying operational trends for areas of improvement, risk management, strategic planning & execution and development of staff.
- It will also be important to develop strong relationships with internal divisions of the company and to manage special projects and assignments.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a professional services environment.
- Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience.
- Accountable for KPI’s and productivity of the team.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external stakeholders. Fluent in written and verbal English a must.
- Strong organizational skills ideally with project and program management experience and a demonstrated track record of project delivery.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results.
- Confident in autonomous decision making. Ability to initiate and drive change (previous track record of managing change).
- Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk.
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts).
- Engage, track and see to fruition strengthening skill of current workforce.
- Meticulous planning ability so as to manage client delivery expectations.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor + with major finance, accounting would be a plus
- CFA , CPA, ACCA would be plus
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.