Nexia Perth is a 21st Century Accounting Firm that seeks out agile and innovative people.
We are part of a global network but are a locally owned, progressive, mid-tier accounting practice. We are proud of our culture which is built around a positive work-life balance, career development and advancement, diversity, equality and inclusion. We are currently looking to hire an experienced Manager to join our growing Audit team. If you are a hard-working professional, Nexia Perth is an ideal place to grow your career.
What does it mean to be an Auditor at Nexia Perth? It means you are supported by highly professional and experienced directors. You will have the opportunity to engage with clients and stakeholders in a large range of industries and company sizes including ASX listed companies and not-for-profit organisations. You will have the opportunity to work on non-audit engagements, including due diligence assignments and independent expert reports. We place a strong emphasis on training, technical excellence and celebrating achievements.
While every audit firm has their “busy season” to deal with, we believe that the stresses of these times can be offset against a flexible approach to the quieter periods.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for managing, directing and monitoring teams on multiple engagements;
- Plan, execute and complete external audits in a wide variety of industries;
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits;
- Ensure compliance with (Firm) and International Auditing Standards;
- Monitor financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability;
- Write reports for audit committees and management;
- Maintain communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure deadlines are met;
- Review all work before submission to Manager/Audit Partner for further review;
- Train and mentor staff on projects;
- Have excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Have a thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques; and
- Willingness to take on additional opportunities.
This role is suited to an individual with a demonstrated background in either Big 4 or a second-tier accounting practice within the audit and assurance division. You will have a passion and keen interest in auditing standards and a genuine desire to achieve positive outcomes for your clients.
You will have achieved a relevant bachelor’s degree. A CA or CPA certification is also highly desirable.
What we will offer you
Nexia exists to help people and enable them to grow and become successful. That’s why we partner with our people and clients to provide innovative solutions that support their journey to success. We are a firm that is sustainable, diverse and proactive, with an awesome culture.
The Nexia Australia network, supported by global links to Nexia International provides a full-service solution to a diverse range of clients from large corporate organisations to privately owned businesses as well as high net worth individuals.
We provide employees with a range of benefits:
- Modern CBD office;
- Support networks, including mentoring and buddy systems;
- Individual approach to accommodating your career and personal goals and objectives;
- Varied and challenging assignments;
- Inclusive and social culture;
- Free weekly yoga classes and other wellness initiatives;
- Environment that is fun and supportive of having a life outside the office;
- Corporate Social Responsibility program, including an opportunity to volunteer and contribute to our community;
Lifelong learning, from on-the-job training to attending tailored workshops and seminars.
Salary - $110,000 - $130,000 package
Please send a covering letter and detailed resume by clicking ‘Apply now’.