GD Middle Office Ops - AVP
Who we are looking for
We are looking after talents to join us and join our Middle office team for specific critical client, covering its end to end process, including but not limited on processing and client query management for Middle office and Custody related. This individual and related team are considered to be Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for this client and provide support to both the Client Account Manager and Investment Operations Teams in terms of tracking and, where possible, resolving Client queries. The role will interact with the Client and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client.
What you will be responsible for
- Become an SME for this client on their middle office and custody service.
- Support manager for talent training and coaching within the team.
- Liaise with colleagues within the Irvine, Munich, China, India and any other SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution
- Act as the escalation point at relevant client queries with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Communicate effectively on issues/problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas
- Conduct special/ad-hoc reports as required
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure
- Extensive asset management experience, including investment operations, fund accounting and portfolio valuation.
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience 8-10 years of experience
- Strong MS Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint skills necessary
- Strong English written and spoken ability