SC Group encompasses a group of companies within the UK and Australia who design, manufacture and deliver special purpose machines and equipment.
- Maintain and further develop the monthly management reporting pack for the group companies to provide accurate and informative management information for the directors
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure that costs are accurately reported Work closely with the project managers on a monthly basis to ascertain the correct levels of work in progress at each period end. Maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide support for the production of the statutory accounts for the group companies Provide year end support for auditor requirements
- Ensure VAT is being correctly accounted for on all transaction types Support accounts payable and receivable with details specific information
- Monitor and control long term projects
- Prepare, manage and report against budgets and forecasts for the group companies
- Review and maintain the company’s processes and procedures to ensure the effective use of the ERP system.
- Gain an in-depth and hands on comprehension of the manufacturing module of the ERP system to ensure its use is maximised
- Analyse performance not only in terms of cost but also resource and time
- Providing detailed and accurate reports across the business in a regular and timely manner.
- Regularly review open projects with the project managers and ensure that relevant projects are collecting costs accurately and completed appropriately Personal Spec
- Ideally, the individual will have a background knowledge and understanding of engineering businesses
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft products including; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good level of knowledge, understanding and application of integrated ERP systems
- Part-qualified Chartered Accountant and/or Qualified by experience
- Budget and Forecast modelling
- Full account preparation and variance analysis