Depositary Oversight Officer - 12 month ML contract
Who we are looking for
Reporting to AVP/VP in Depositary, this position is an opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to all areas of Depositary activities and management experience, to assist in the formulation and implementation of Depositary policy and procedures in a key department and changing regulatory environment.
Previous experience in structured products including derivatives would be a distinct advantage in addition to strong technical IT skills.
Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship — for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer — across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Depositary Oversight Officer you will
- Supervision of an investment monitoring team members in their review of all fund types to ensure compliance with the funds’ investment restrictions including sophisticated derivatives and discussing with clients any exceptions that are identified;
- Understanding of the fund’s investment objective and strategies is preferable;
- To ensure timely and proper completion of tasks of team members;
- Review and comment on draft prospectuses and financial statements;
- Appraising performance of team members;
- Devising work programmes and schedules;
- Selecting potential team members;
- Ensuring breaches are rectified in a timely manner;
- Responding to client queries;
- Testing of compliance monitoring systems and reporting thereon;
- Attending board meetings;
- Creating and updating Depositary policies and procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Team player
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualified
- Relevant funds industry experience
- Sound understanding of the regulatory framework for Funds (UCITS/Non-UCITS)
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with, investment monitoring systems
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.