Technology Risk & Info Sec Sr Consultant
This individual’s primary day to day responsibility will be in the execution of tasks to be used in support of IT risk and control assessments, information security initiatives, and /or management reporting. In particular, this individual will have a key role in the identification, assessment and reporting of technology and information security risk and have direct responsibility for execution of tasks associated with one or more key practice areas defined in the Information Security and Technology Risk Management Program. Position is an independent contributor and will work closely with peers and manager on leading strategic IT Risk and Information Security projects as assigned.
- Define and identify risks associated with the use of technology for internal systems and hosted external systems.
- Define requirements and plan for various information security and technology risk management programs.
- Ensure that programs meet relevant industry regulations, standards and compliance requirements.
- Ensure that risk management programs communicate security policies and requirements so people know, understand and can follow.
- Produce meaningful, measured metrics in regards to authored risk management programs.
- Plan, schedule and monitor project/program deliverables, goals and milestones.
- Review and assess controls through established frameworks.
- Support training and awareness activities for assigned disciplines.
- Work with individuals to determine action plans to remediate identified risks.
- Complete peer reviews of risk assessment or other test results and findings within the team as assigned.
- Document and report findings and remediation plans to management.
- Collaborate with Information Security, Privacy, and Risk Management teams to provide continuous improvement to Information Security and Technology Risk Policies and frameworks..Support Regional Information Security Officers in Information Security activities as needed.
- Evaluate and opine on project risk for strategic company initiatives.
- Provide consulting to the business on IT Risk.
- Participate in cyber security incident response as required.
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executive and management teams and others on their relative importance and financial impact.
- Minimum of 7 years of IT audit or IT risk management experience
- Required: Current CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP or similar IT certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Advanced Degree in IT related topics a plus.
- Strong understanding of information security, IT audit and IT risk management principles.
- Experience with assessing IT related processes such as system and information security, system development and change management, computer operations and data protection.
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry regulations, specifically those set forth in the Federal Financial Institutional Examination Council (FFIEC) handbooks and other country specific regulatory authorities.
- Have applied industry accepted IT risk management and control frameworks such as COBIT 5, ISO 27001/27002 and NIST 800-53.
- Experience in specific information security disciplines such as forensics, secure development, threat intelligence or penetration testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in both an individual contributor and team capacity, in particular multi-national teams.
- Able to effectively manage projects and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently while maintaining a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Able to evaluate and analyze complex data to assess risk and formulate sound decisions and justifications.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to prepare clearly written, organized documents, reports and communications that demonstrate proper justification and support for any conclusions and assessment results and contain correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Able to interact in a professional manner and develop relationships with individuals and teams at any level in Northern Trust or third party service provider.
About Northern Trust:Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally.With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us andapply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.