Portfolio Services Analyst, AVP
State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The candidate will be expected to manage the day to day running of the EMEA Portfolio Services Team (supporting 2-3 clients), covering Portfolio Control, Information Delivery, Operational Control Framework, Cash Administration, Transitions, Static Data Management, Front Office Data Control and End Client Reporting functions.
The senior line manager is required to manage the team effectively in order to ensure that all governance activities are being carried in accordance with standard operating control policy and that all market, internal and client escalation queries are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate is also expected to provide analytical support in any new client on-boarding lifecycle as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also have to make sure that all aspects of the Team`s activities are considered as part of the onboarding process and participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a client conversion.
- Using provided tools, review accounts for issues associated with Portfolio Health.
- Provide support to the Portfolio Manager on operational issues, provide command and control over inquiries, escalations and activities directly supporting the Front Office.
- Act as the escalation contact for Client Middle Office Teams on more complex queries / issues / breaks requiring end to end portfolio services support.
- For assigned accounts process month end close functions (validate and sign-off on balances, review for non-base balances).
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Interact with all IMS teams (Accounting, Corporate Actions, Trading, Performance)
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout SSC, not limited to IMS.
- Cover various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
- Interact with clients and be prepared to represent the Cash Admin team in front of a client.
- Prepare oversight reports for audit where applicable.
- Act as the Governance lead for offshore locations where applicable
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
- Manage staff to meet goals if applicable; conduct regular team meetings with Staff.
- Track work effort and goals – individual and team
- SQL knowledge
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour
- Maintain a detailed understanding of :
- The scope of the role’s managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.