Manager - Financial Model Assurance Team
Manager - Financial Model Assurance Team – FS Advisory – London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be an Manager working closely in conjunction with the partner and the senior team where you’ll initially learn our methodologies and quality control procedures, and be trained in the use of our various model analysis tools.
This challenging position sits within BDO’s market-leading Financial Model Assurance Services team, providing a range of financial modelling-related services to a large portfolio of global blue-chip corporates, banks, financial institutions and funds in relation to major infrastructure projects, often working with the assistance of our global network. You'll also;
- Managing staff to undertake the review of the detailed underlying model formulae
- Reviewing the queries raised for the client
- Undertaking or supervising the high-level ‘analytical review’ work
- Liaising with clients as to the resolution of issues arising and timing of deliverables
- Responsibility for the drafting of reports
- Overseeing the testing of sensitivities
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA/ACCA qualified, or equivalent
- Experience of managing Financial Model Audits over the whole engagement lifecycle
- Good project management skills and a desire to take ownership of their work
- A confident self- starter who contributes ideas and shares an interest in helping to grow the business and to grow with it
- Excellent commercial skills and judgement
- An eye for detail and strong logical and technical skills, including a high level of confidence in working with Excel
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- A candidate that can present confidently and effectively to external clients
- Strong team working skills
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- private medical insurance;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- Cash allowance;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.