Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
FSS Data Services performs all the data quality checks for Regulatory, Internal and Management Reporting across Liquidity and Capital
- Provide guidance, and monitor resources to meet the following objectives:
- Have the FDW common controls built and implemented across finance
- Monitor daily feed delivery trade level data for capital, balance sheet, and liquidity calculations and reporting and conduct data completeness / population checks
- Maintain and provide governance over GL structure data, ensuring appropriate change management controls
- Oversee and perform data accuracy checks for data attributes and enrichment processes
- Oversee and perform data profiling and identify data quality issues
- Apply various controls to monitor and report on risk variances
- Inform users / escalate issues of critical data quality issues that may impact global calculations and reporting
- Review, perform analytics to verify accuracy of financial reporting movements and liaise with key stakeholders to substantiate movements where applicable
- Oversee collation and distribution of data to global calculation and reporting team
- Produce data quality metrics for IT, Senior Management, and key stakeholder to monitor / measure progress and prioritize the Data Analytics agenda
- Support tactical and strategic data issue resolution
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis for stakeholders
- Review and update relevant policies and procedures
- Leverage Strategic tools available like Alteryx, RPA with the organization to create efficiencies
- Co-ordinate with the different teams within Finance, IT & Operations understand the controls across reporting and leverage the extensive current Liquidity Reporting controls to develop and implement the common controls across Finance
- This role demands an eye to detail and an overall understanding of the Liquidity/Capital and Balance sheet reporting.
- Data alignment with the other Regulatory reports of the organization
Requirement : Sr Director
- Atleast 7 +years experience in a similar industry
- Preferably experience around Capital, Balance Sheet or Liquidity Regulatory reporting or worked on the Data controls for these reportings
- A CA/CFA/ MBA Finance from a reputed college with good understanding around Financial Products
- Previous work experience of working on Data related projects or any other Liquidity/Capital Regulatory reporting would be preferable