Accountant, Financial Reporting (Hybrid)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Evaluates and reconciles funds including mutual, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports or for daily valuation.
- Verifies transactions, audits income reports within scheduled timeframes and resolves exceptions on a daily basis for fund accounts.
- Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems.
- Expected to use some initiative but refer more complex problems to supervisors/ experts.
- Beginning to develop a basic understanding of the business function.
- Likely to be accountable for regular reporting or process administration.
- May direct day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
- Relevant proven work experience is required / preferred.
- Related Industry qualification is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change Technical skills / systems knowledge is required.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.