Internal Audit IT Assistant Manager
IT Audit Assistant Manager, Public Sector - London, Southampton, Bristol or Birmingham
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so committed to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
We’ll help you succeed
As an IT Audit Assistant Manager within the internal audit team, and reporting directly to the Internal Audit Partner, Director and Senior Management, you will be responsible for delivering IT risk based internal audit work to a range of public sector clients. Client satisfaction is of paramount importance to us and you will need excellent communication and written skills.
You will be responsible for conducting IT audit work and reviews on behalf of a number of clients within the local authority and NHS sectors focusing in London, Birmingham and Southampton locations. We aim to deliver work to the highest technical standards. You’ll also:
- Responsibility for conducting IT audit work and reviews on behalf of a number of clients within the local authority, central government and NHS sectors;
- Ensuring work is conducted in line with the Public Sector Internal Audit standards, undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs, annual plans are completed to the required deadlines;
- To build and develop long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations;
- Plan IT internal audit work programmes and set of control objectives;
- Leading closing meetings with management;
- Act as a point of contact for both Partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit;
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Practical experience of conducting IT audits within the public sector, within NHS or local government (desirable);
- You will possess a relevant professional qualification such as CISA / QiCA / ACCA / MIIA / CIPFA (essential);
- Have a sound technical understanding of IT issues surrounding the sector;
- Experience of building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders;
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver work effectively;
- Strong technical abilities in audit methodologies, combined with strong business acumen;
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6500 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.