Alpha Transitions AVP
The position will act as a team lead to support and maintain the production processing of multiple client’s New Accounts, Transfers, Terminations, Maintenance setup and/or changes. The position will interface with the client’s front office personal as a second level escalation and ensure deadlines are met. Position has daily Client SLA’s and must meet internal cycles in order for the client to trade the following day.
Position will interact and provide support to numerous teams and departments within the organization, including Portfolio Services, Trade Settlement, Reconciliation, Data Management, and Performance. Builds cooperative and professional internal/external relationships, and utilizes all available resources throughout the organization to achieve group and client goals.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the day to day responsibilities of the team by developing a strong risk management and controlled environment. Eliminate risk incidents, inadvertent data disclosures, and charge-offs.
- Confirm that the review and verification of staff’s work is performed timely, enforcing stringent procedures and controls. Assist in the review and verification process as needed.
- Ensure the team acts as instructed by client. Conduct high-level analysis in specific areas of expertise. Identify and resolve work-processing issues. Make suggestions to streamline operations and see process improvements through to completion.
- Play active role in staff development. Act as an “expert” and provide guidance for staff; including cross training for other team members. Focus on periodic staff communication in both a group and one on one setting.
- Take an active role in the hiring of new employees, retaining existing employees and staff development. Ensure adequate access is set up for new employees and training plans are in place.
- Research non routine issues and inquiries. Take action, resolve discrepancies and ensure controls are adequate and enforced.
- Approve documented workflow, procedures and controls.
- Determine impact of activity to other areas.
- Make proactive recommendations and solutions for problem resolution.
- Interface with senior level internal and external clients and other departments on complex matters and inquiries.
- Ad-hoc reporting, including daily, weekly and monthly metrics. Engage in complex special projects and assignments.
- Performs work independently and analyzes and recommends solutions to complex and non-routine issues and special projects. Develops processes, procedures and controls. Handles regular independent interaction with client contacts.
- Focus of job on performing complex tasks and providing business and technical expertise in support of multiple clients. Acts as an advisor to other areas of the organization.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, or economics or equivalent work experience in finance or accounting.
- 6 plus years related industry experience including 2 years of managerial experience
- Working knowledge of Domestic and International financial and all related instruments.
- Detailed understanding of operations.
- Strong leadership and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and problems solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, balance workload and work in a deadline oriented position.
- Ability to meet aggressive SLA Deadlines.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.