Fund Accounting & Administration, Off
Who we are looking for:
Ability to work as part of a large team dedicated to the NAV production and associated processes for a complex Hedge client. The role will involve day to day communication with different locations internally and externally with the client. The candidate will need to possess strong analytical skills, the ability to work to strict deadlines and be able to problem solve for unanticipated events.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Fund Accounting and Administration Officer, you will:
- Manage the daily deliverable set for your client and ensure that all locations are aware of and meet the required deadlines
- Analyze the data set for accuracy and completeness, ensuring that the controls and necessary procedures have been adhered to
- Communicate effectively internally and externally
Proactively look for solutions to client problems to improve the processes and reduce NAV cycles
- Act as a partner for your client. Problem solve as issues arise and advise on best practice and possible alternative solutions
- Ensure junior members of staff are trained adequately and are evaluated accurately
- Enhance your skill set by availing of training resources and seeking to improve internal procedures through an intimate knowledge of the control and risk environment
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve for complex Hedge NAV challenges
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to escalate where appropriate
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Finance/Economics degree
- Professional Accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA etc)
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.