Operations Process Analyst Trainee - Part-time Internship
As a member of the Securities Valuation Trainee Program, you will work as an Operations Processing Analyst. In this part-time role within Global Product Delivery, you will be responsible for providing operational support to Securities Valuation. Using existing, clearly defined, procedures and in compliance with regulatory guidelines; trainees are responsible for processing client-driven valuation processes through State Street or industry platforms. Trainees play a key role in quality assurance, identifying and researching problem transactions, documenting resolutions, as well as acting as an important line of defense by reporting any unusual or suspicious transaction activities.
The Securities Valuation Trainee Program offers students hands-on professional experience with a major financial institution. As a member of the program, you’ll have access to professional skills development, job training, and opportunities to volunteer in your local community. High-performing trainees have to opportunity to be considered for full-time roles, including the Career Compass Associate Program, or part-time roles.
- Retrieves and monitors availability of prices for designated portfolios
- Gathers appropriate backup, maintain spreadsheets, contact brokers, and print various exception reports to support the pricing process
- Interacts with third parties as necessary
- Interacts with clients in a limited capacity for time critical issues during the pricing window as agreed to with Client Operations
- Reviews and validates all daily activity in an accurate and timely manner, and maintains all required controls to ensure overall accuracy
- Performs the necessary due diligence to ensure all pricing sources are reviewed, analyzed and compared/contrasted before relevant information is released to Fund Accounting and the client.
- Works in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services/COEs and Client Operations to ensure seamless pricing valuations according to the fund’s policies
- Supports the research and resolution process for exceptions and inquiries
- Monitors and identifies halted/suspended domestic and international securities and notifies the Senior Specialists, Fund Accounting and the client appropriately with detailed information
- Provides information needed to prepare financial statements and reports for client, shareholder, director and management reports, in an accurate and timely manner
- Reviews corporate actions
- Performs in depth research and analytics on security price movements and fluctuations in foreign currency outside established tolerance levels. Research includes, but is not limited to, analyzing index movements, accessing relevant news items that may pertain to a specific market, region, sector and/or issuer, and/or contacting the broker/dealer community and or client for additional insight
- Supports and assists supervisors with special projects and fielding questions and requests from Fund Accounting, auditors and the client.
- Reviews specialist work/output to ensure the necessary due diligence is performed.
- Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise
- Maintains records in support of audits
- May perform other duties as requested
- Currently a second semester freshman, sophomore, or junior undergraduate student. (All Majors)
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work in one of the Securities Valuation office locations is preferred
- Availability to work part-time 20 hours per week; M-F 3:00-7:00pm Eastern Time (Quincy/Toronto), 2:00-6:00pm Central (Kansas City), Noon-4:00pm Pacific (Sacramento)
- This role is a minimum 12 month commitment; Students are required to work over a break and throughout the semesters. Students can remain in the Trainee Program until they obtain their undergraduate degree.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.