About the role:
Supporting an online and retail operation with over 500 stores and a growing third party Total Platform client base. As part of the Warehouse Finance team you will play a key role in the support of Next's world class warehousing and logistics operations.
As a Finance Analyst your key area of responsibility will be to ensure accurate reporting and analysis of financial information relating to Retail and Online stock file movements - across all our UK warehouses, RSC’s and International Hubs. In addition, you will work closely with our Total Platform clients, responding to queries and providing stock analysis and information. This is a full time role based in South Elmsall near Pontefract and you will receive study support too.
- Prepare weekly and monthly shrinkage reports showing stock losses and gains
- Monitoring, highlighting and investigating any areas of concern, liaising with warehousing teams, IT and/or other Finance teams as appropriate
- Tracking to the budget/forecast and investigating any variances
- Taking an active role in the management of warehouse stock control
- Prepare and analysing Balance Sheet reconciliations giving justifications for all exceptional items or unusual balances to ensure the minimum number of reconciliation points
- Responding to ad hoc queries from people across the business as and when required
- Responding to requests for ad hoc reports within the required deadlines
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Good IT knowledge – Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, CODA, SQL
- Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of information
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach to solving problems
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself
- Able to adapt and keep pace with a fast moving environment
- Commercial awareness and understanding of core business processes
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Next private pension
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.