Technology Risk - Contract Risk Services - Manager (BC)
Manager, Contract Risk Services, Consulting, Ireland
EY’s Consulting Practice in Ireland is growing rapidly. An area focus area for the firm is the delivery of contract risk services.
EY’s Contract Risk Services (CRS) team works with some of the world’s largest companies.
Our work streams range from reviewing contracts with third parties on behalf of global clients, to helping EY clients on matters including improving their contract management/governance and Third Party Risk Management (TPRM).
In a world that is constantly changing, organisations need to adapt quickly to respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities. EY's Consutling practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology and operations. Within EY's Consulting practice, the Contract Risk Services team assists clients’ in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks associated with external business relationships and third parties. Our services focus on improving confidence in an organisation’s contractual relationships and managing third party risk.
We are looking for self-motivated, adaptable professionals to join our team.
You will be given a large degree of autonomy and responsibility to lead meetings, identify issues and propose solutions. You will work with, and get to know, senior stakeholders at EY clients and 3rd parties, up to board level.
We provide trusted communications focused on facts and data to management, customers and other stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
The right candidate would be expected to work in a team environment, with a focus on business development, delivery of projects and managing junior members of the team.
Reporting to a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Reviewing contract terms and conditions to understand obligations in a contract and areas of risk e.g. self-reporting, trust based relationships etc;
- Performing data analysis e.g. on the third parties expenses data to assist with testing the accuracy of costs passed on to our clients;
- Participating in client meetings and calls throughout a review process (contract compliance audit);
- Performing process interviews at the third party to understand their key processes and controls;
- Supporting the senior manager on the job with identifying improvement opportunities, and formulating recommendations for our clients;
- Training and developing junior members within the team;
- Helping to identify and calculate cost recovery opportunities through the identification of non-compliance with contract terms (by a third party) and cost saving opportunities through identification of improvement opportunities;
- Advising clients on Contract Management and TPRM leading practices;
- Ensuring engagements are completed to required budget and quality standards;
- Establishing strategic client relationships with senior stakeholders.
Skills and attributes for success
At EY we look for highly motivated individuals who are good communicators, who can think on their feet and who can confidently present to senior management. We also look for team players who are not only looking to enhance their own career, but recognise the value in developing others and strengthening the team.
For this role we are looking for people with experience in contract management / contract compliance audits, or Third Party Risk Management experience in a Big 4 (or comparable) environment. Wherever your experience has been gained, we would expect candidates to have a good understanding of key areas of contract management and third party risk.
You should have the following skills:
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude;
- High level of enthusiasm, energy and personal integrity;
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to share knowledge;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, but integrate well into teams;
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines;
- Concise and clear communication when presenting and explaining results and findings;
- Developing new business opportunities;
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in contract compliance, contract management, third party risk management or business consulting
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with good attention to detail
- A passion for technology and continuous learning
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A qualified accounting or auditing professional qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA)
- A qualification in contract management
- Project Management certification PMP/PRINCE2
- A legal background
What we look for
An individual with drive and focus who enjoys problem solving and is focussed on delivering a high-quality service for our clients.
We value professional scepticism and an ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving to new scenarios.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.