Alpha Platform Utilities, Business Analyst, AVP-1
State Street Alpha, the industry’s first and only Front-to-Back Platform, gives clients access to the complete investment lifecycle with the power of choice. By streamlining and improving their day-to-day operations through a single open platform, clients are free to focus on innovation and growth.
The Alpha Platform Management team is recruiting for an exciting new role to develop and deliver product and business strategy aligned with the vision of our State Street Alpha Platform.The successful candidate must be skilled in analyzing complex business models and flows across front, middle, and back office operating models in both an insourced and outsourced model; requirements gathering; have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; have a demonstrable understanding of portfolio management, trading, compliance and investment accounting.
- Manage complex projects from initiation, planning and design through implementation
- Partner, negotiate and influence key stakeholders to build consensus and execute
- Engage with front, middle and back office leads, operational process owners, PMs, engineering, and senior sponsors to bring concepts to life
- Collaborate across the firm with data managers, engineers, senior management and finance teams to implement key business processes, policies, and strategies
- Lead business requirements and technical design discussions as subject matter expert, producing business requirements and other key artifacts
- Analyze business workflows to optimize specifications and solutions
- Contribute to the development of the technology strategy and target operating model
- Participate in and drive agile design and development
- Implement data management standards, enforce data governance procedures and ensure data integrity across multiple platforms
- Develop, implement and enforce best practices and operating standards
- Identify risks, plan for unanticipated outcomes, and form appropriate contingency plans
- Proven experience in a combined business, operations and technology environment within the Financial Services industry, or relevant systems and data integration experience
- Strong understanding of the asset management investment lifecycle, including portfolio management, investment accounting, IBOR, valuation, trading activities and compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead disparate groups and manage via influence in a rapidly changing environment
- Solid understanding of waterfall and agile methods, JIRA and Confluence experience a plus
- Require Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- Minimum 5+ years of experience on software development projects
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.