Associate - Tax People & Organisation
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Payroll Services practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps organisations with evolving payroll legislation and provides specialist knowledge to keep our clients compliant and informed. You’ll support our clients with knowledge and experience of operating various payrolls and help deliver a smooth and efficient service that enhances the value we provide our clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will support the team in building and leveraging relationships with clients, support sales process in developing proposals, market propositions etc
- You will support business development, thought leadership and research & development activities as appropriate
- You will contribute to overall development and growth of the People & Organisation practice
- Degree in any discipline or professional accounting qualification such as the ICAEW / ACCA / MICPA-CAANZ /CPA Australia
- 1 to 5 years of related work experience
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good leadership skills and demonstrate resilience
- Able to demonstrate ability to interact with people of different backgrounds and build meaningful relationships
- Able to demonstrate analytical thinking and business acumen
Travel RequirementsUp to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.