Loan Trade Settlement Officer
Independent and possessing more than twenty years' experience in its field, alterDomus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds, as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our current staff of 3,300 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services globally across 35 offices. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mind-set.
The Loan Trade Closing Team is responsible for external client service relating to new issue/par/distressed bank loan trades. Loan structures include large U.S. and European syndications, leveraged middle-market, and special opportunity situations. The candidate will require the skills to work with other parties within the industry, including, attorneys, trade counterparties, administrative agents and others regarding trade confirmations, allocations, KYC documentation, settlements, metrics, and industry initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate product and functional knowledge of the bank loan market to communicate with business and trading counterparties;
- Support the settlement process of loan syndications, secondary loan trades, CLOs, restructures, privates, and trade claims including funding and documentation matters;
- Maintain a working knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal-related documentation to ensure controls are in place and that guidelines are adhered to;
- Liaise with Administrative Agents with regard to KYC documentation, including administrative details, tax and fund formation documents;
- Working knowledge of the maintenance and distribution of loan documentation inclusive of private and public amendments/restructures and voting requirements with settled and trade date positions;
- Interact with internal and external counterparts such as Portfolio Management, Attorneys, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Custodians, Fund Administrators, Agent Banks, and Trading Counterparts/Brokers;
- Investigate and resolve closing and transactional issues, communicating all issues in a timely manner;
- Participate in the review of daily/weekly reports and metrics provided to clients to highlight status of trades and risks; and
- Work in a growing dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives.
Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics, or commensurate work experience;
- Experience in CLO administration and/or bank loan syndication a plus;
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems;
- Ability to work closely with internal groups and external clients;
- Effective communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytic skills; strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts; and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete tasks while providing close attention to detail; and
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience, knowledge of, or familiarity with Bloomberg, Clearpar, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools is an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.