Financial Reporting, AVP
Who we are looking for:
Based in the Dublin office, you will be part of a team of 200+ dedicated financial reporting professionals who are focused on delivering interim and annual US GAAP/IFRS financial statements to a diverse group of alternative investment managers.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Financial Reporting Assistant Vice President you will
- Manage a diverse group of personnel involved in the preparation of interim / annual financial statements for alternative investments products (hedge, private equity, and real estate funds).
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients with responsibility for implementing and supporting the service requirements of the various client relationships serviced within the group.
- Be a source of technical support and guidance, including reviewing financial statements prepared by your teams and ensuring that all financial statements are accurate and prepared in accordance with the relevant GAAP prior to issuance to external parties (clients / auditors).
- Perform technical reviews of hedge, private equity, and real estate funds’ financial statements.
- Set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain high standards of client service; conduct performance appraisals and give feedback on individual and team performance
- Maintain and develop technical expertise and participate in training junior staff and new hires
- Attend and chair meetings of the financial reporting department and attend other committee meetings on behalf of the department.
- Manage your own continued professional development, through engaging in the performance review process and attending relevant training as per agreed training curriculum.
- Support new business integration and ensure operating models are designed to deliver best of breed service to clients leveraging global footprint as necessary.
- Deputies for your Vice President as required from time to time.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to funds (IFRS, Irish GAAP in particular)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS investment company financial statements.
- Ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with managing difficult situations as they arise.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, auditors at all levels.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Ability to hold and chair meetings as required.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Possess a degree in finance, business / accounting or related discipline,
- Have 6-8 years’ experience working in a similar environment or related environment.
- The role would also suit someone who is a qualified professional accountant (eg. ACA, ACCA, CPA).
- The candidate should possess strong knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS investment company financial statements with previous experience servicing alternative investments.
- Good initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to effectively represent the team to clients and internal stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.