Vice President, Alpha Services Strategy & Execution Lead – Investment Accounting
The Vice President, Alpha Services Strategy & Execution Lead – Investment Accounting will be responsible for strategy, business analysis and multi-team interaction related to the execution of the Middle Office Services Strategic Product programs
What we are looking for
The Alpha Services team is looking to hire a Strategy & Execution Lead – Investment Accounting that will be responsible for the strategy, business analysis and multi-team interaction related to the execution of the Alpha Services Strategic Product program in Investment Accounting. This includes working with Subject Matter Experts in the Alpha Middle-Office space to help bring new product development into a client ready state.
Why this job is important to us
State Street Alpha brings together data and capabilities across the investment lifecycle to help our clients make better decisions, grow at scale, and deliver returns for their clients. We partner with clients to optimize their operations, data, and technology footprint by leveraging the Alpha Platform and outsourced Alpha Services. The Alpha Services team is looking for qualified individuals with strong experience leading and executing Investment Accounting and IBOR Product. The successful candidate will have strong project strategy experience, solution documentation, business architecture and program execution skills in the middle-office space. In addition, to having strong collaboration, written and verbal communication skills.
What you are responsible for
- Provide oversight and leadership of all analysis, scoping and management of solution design for specific strategic product development within the Alpha Services client implementation programs.
- Coordinate with the Solution Lead on CRD with the Alpha Services Program to insure solutions are well thought out and documented effectively.
- Coordinate with the Alpha documentation team for proposed solutions of functionality within the overall Alpha Services Strategic Product program
- Oversee the impediments with stakeholders, drive program progress, and escalate risks, issues and solutions.
- Drive the implementation of project changes and interventions to achieve program goals
- Structure and build quantitative and qualitative/conceptual analyses that support Solution reviews and improve end state design
- Apply strong business judgment to surface implications and practical, high impact options
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years financial services experience including Product Management, Strategy
- Strong Business Analysis or Operations experience
- Having proven Middle-office depth with one of the following or more: Accounting, Reconciliation, Corporate Actions, Performance Measurement and Attribution
- Comfort presenting to and interacting with State Street clients
- Proven leadership and business analysis skills
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal, decision-making and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively across multiple organizations to reach common goals
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Competencies required: demonstrated multi-team communication skills, strong middle-office skills, strong business analysis skills, analytical/problem solving skills, business/industry knowledge, communication versatility, information technology acumen, teamwork and leadership, written and verbal skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and able to use advanced features of PowerPoint and Excel Sharepoint, project management and reporting automation skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world.From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.