Due to expansion, my client is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join the business in order to grow their Finance function. This opportunity would suit a commercially focused, fully qualified accountant, ideally with experience in the property development and house building industry however this is not essential.
My client is a successful, privately owned property business who have been established for over 20 years and have a broad base of interests spanning commercial and residential property. Given this is a growing SME, my client is looking for someone who really wants to get under the skin of the business and not only support the Finance function but is happy to get involved in all areas of the business.
- Responsibility for finance management and all finance functions, reporting to the Finance Director
- Support the Board of Directors in Commercial and Strategic decision making
- Cash management: managing cash flow including weekly cash flow reporting and preparation of forecast and budgeting
- Sourcing Project Funding (as and when required)
- Develop and produce monthly Management Accounts reporting
- Monthly WIP Reporting
- Finalisation of year-end accounts and liaising with external accountants
- Bankline processing.
- Management and professional development of an Assistant Accountant.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- SME property experience would be desirable
- Proven experience of handling the responsibility of managing all aspects of the finance function simultaneously.
- Efficient, organised, can work to deadlines, and work independently
- Good at budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to maintain and build good relationships with a range of colleagues, suppliers, and other external stakeholders
- Strong Excel and systems knowledge, preferably Sage Accounting Software
A competitive salary as well as the opportunity to join a progressive, family owned business who have a great 'family-feel' type culture immersed in the business.