Trust Operations – Income CA team, Team Leader, Sr. Associate
Who we are looking for
Trust asset management services are the core business in State Street Japan and Trust Operations department is providing the services to institutional investors as trustee. This position is a team leader role of the Trust Operations department, Fukuoka, Japan. This role is expert level processor and handling approver tasks on day to day business as team leader, and report to team manager. The candidate requires minimum 3 years experiences in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Associate you will
- Assign work and supervise the flow of daily operations and be the subject matter expert for process;
- Audit all deliverables, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of deliverables;
- Be accountable for all the assigned tasks, resolve complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables;
- Update and maintain procedures for all tasks/activities and work with the Manager to ensure all corporate compliance, risk policies and SOP’s are adhered to by the team;
- Build a collaborative relationship with inter-departmental contacts and achieve business goals.
- Assist First Line Manager in making enhancements to the daily operating model;
- Coordinate On-The-Job training for staff members and assist the Manager with staff development and succession planning.
- Act and dress professionally, instill a professional attitude at all times in the team.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Detail oriented
- Highly numerate
- Ability to meet tight deadline
- Good analytical skills
- Good leadership to leading junior staffs
Education & preferred qualifications
- Bachelor degree or above
- Minimum 3 years experiences in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment.
- Ability of effective communication in both English & Japanese, both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.