Associate Consultant, Financial Risk Analytics & Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Job Description – Regulatory Reporting and Compliance
Northern Trust is looking to recruit Associate Consultant/Consultant for its Bangalore Centre. Successful recruit would be part of Northern Trust’s Financial Risk Analytics and Reporting Team. This is a highly visible role, with frequent interaction with business partners in Finance, Accounting, Controllers, Regulators and Credit Risk Management.
Job title: Associate Consultant/Consultant (Officer/2VP)
Experience: 4+ years of relevant experience
- Lead the execution of monthly and quarterly production for key regulatory compliance including but not limited to – Basel RWA computation, SCCL reporting, SACCR and any new regulation impacting credit/counterparty area-
- Perform end to end execution and high value analysis
- Understand all the manual adjustments, calculation related to exposure, SACCR, repo-style transaction etc.
- Ensure all controls are documented and executed correctly
- Produce, analyse and review execution results, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Coordinate with BUs and other stakeholders inside and outside of Risk including business partners, accounting, controllers, and Credit risk management
- Support in regulatory interpretation, reviews of existing and new regulations – performing detailed impact analysis, identifying gaps and coordinating with different teams to assist implementation.
- Support in all change management projects impacting the regulatory reporting
- Consults with partners across the enterprise to advise on existing and new regulations impacting the business
- Present results to senior management, executive audiences, committees
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as requested by senior management, with the ability to translate detailed information into concise and actionable items.
- MBA From Tier 1 College/CA or experience from relevant industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a concentration in business finance, economic, mathematics or accounting.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Risk or Finance at a large US financial institution or equivalent consulting experience
- Strong working experience in at-least one of Credit and counterparty related regulations - RWA calculations, SACCR, SCCL
- Excellent attention to detail, along with strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. Strong interpretation skills and understanding and experience with processes and controls.
- Self-starter with collaborative mindset.
- Product skills in Murex, Axiom and SAS is an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.