Head of the Audit Central Analytics Team, Managing Director, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
We are looking for the Head of Audit Central Analytics Team, Managing Director, who will lead the development and implementation of strategic plans for driving data-based auditing for greater impact and efficiency. As a key component of the strategy for continuous improvement in Corporate Audit, the Central Analytics team provides analytics-based services and solutions, both modeling and data analytics, in support of Corporate Audit’s independent risk assessment and assurance work. In addition, the team advises and provides tools, dashboards and analysis that can be leveraged to manage the Corporate Audit Department. In this role you will be ideally based out in Boston, Massachusetts or Poland.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Audit Central Analytics Team, Managing Director you will
- Lead the Audit Analytics team to drive leading practice data-driven auditing and productivity innovation through analytics (modeling and data analysis) and automated solutions.
- Build collaborative relationships with audit colleagues and partners in other lines of defense to effectively advance the use and impact of data analytics to strengthen the company’s risk and control environment.
- Define and execute plan to drive continuous auditing through the use of analytics.
- Partner in leading innovation and digitization in Corporate Audit by highlighting potential use cases and piloting advanced analytic techniques such as natural language processing, robotic process automation, and artificial intelligence.
- Manage a professional team of around 25 quantitative and data analytics specialist auditors to provide thought leadership and advise Corporate Audit stakeholders on analytical solutions to address assurance needs.
- Oversee timely execution of audit support and solution development and maintenance to advance insight-driven assurance and visualization of results and quantitative analytics.
- Lead and deliver model review work centrally.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders across the firm to stay abreast of changes to the data architecture and platform, and source new data for use in Audit Analytics.
- Manage, coach, develop and inspire colleagues and team members.
- Proactively engage in solving complex issues and engage in projects that may extend beyond own area of expertise, sharing analytics expertise with colleagues and other departments.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Role model behavior in cross-cultural awareness and ability to connect with colleagues globally in establishing and maintaining a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Strong leadership and execution skills with confidence to gain trust and credibility, and an ability to develop a high performing team by promoting collaboration and innovation at all levels
- Proven impact through the life cycle from strategic thinking through implementation and measuring success.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders, including executives, senior management, stakeholders and team members to drive progress.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years of managerial experience, with strong track record of leading, coaching, developing and motivating a team of quantitative and data analytics auditors.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibilities in managing audits, models and/or model risk, and data-based analytical solutions in large financial institutions.
- 10+ years of analytics and/or reporting development experience using tools or languages such as SAS, SQL, Tableau, R or Python to develop client analytics solutions.
- Solid understanding of financial risk management practices, processes and controls and regulations on credit risk, counterparty credit, market risk, liquidity risk and operational risk.
- Experience in machine learning models and big data.
- Advanced understanding of data processes and controls, associated risks, data governance models
- Internal Audit experience
- Proven track record of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in related field such as Economics, Statistics, Data Science, MIS, Finance, Accounting and Financial Engineering.
- Master’s or equivalent degree in related field such as Economics, Statistics, Data Science, MIS, Finance, Accounting and Financial Engineering.
- CFA or FRM designation is preferred.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.