Payroll Assistant / Burgess Hill / Accountancy / Human Resources
A well established Burgess Hill organisation are seeking a Payroll Assistant on a permanent basis.
As Payroll Assistant you will be responsible for:
- To collate monthly timesheets and returns submitted from regional offices and services and ensuring the data is accurately entered
- As part of a team processing payments
- To be familiar with company policies and guidelines to be able to assist services with accurate information and guidance in their treatment of certain payroll matters and payments.
- To be able to maintain a computerised Payroll system. This would entail inputting starting and leaving employees, processing payments and assisting as appropriate or required with month-end procedures and shutdowns.
- To be able to calculate SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP, company sick pay, contracted hours, holiday and all other types of payments.
- Ensuring accurate deductions from pay - i.e. pension, superannuation, hospital fund, attachment of earnings, student loans and medical insurance and maintaining detailed records as appropriate.
- Record and maintain information on subject matters that will be required for audit and other purposes, by use of spreadsheets and/or word processing packages.
- Maintain filing system updating with leavers and new employees. Archiving annual information and generally ensuring files are up to date.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries from individual members of staff or unit management and administration.
- Computerised payroll systems
- Excel and word
- Calculating payroll payments
- Strong communication to deal with queries
- Hybrid working