Global Custody Settlements, Emerging Lead
The Senior Associate acts as a liaison between the different client/IM service teams and the Subcustodians/Depositories to ensure the proper settlement of security and cash transactions.
A senior member of a team handling a variety of tasks associated with the settlement of international securities and cash. This role may also focus on specific duties pertaining to more complex issues and projects within a given team such as, corporate initiatives or market specific requirements.
- As a senior member of an operations team, candidate will provide support and control for various financial markets.
- Provide training to team members.
- Assist in coordinating/demonstrating requested material/process for internal/external audits.
- Assist Managers by prioritizing the workload and ensure daily tasks are completed.
- Provide support related to time critical settlement activity.
- As needed, perform functions of other team members.
- As needed, process and/or resolve complex operational issues.
- Promote and ensures all direct client service relationships inquiries are acted upon and completed in a timely manner.
- Assist and co-ordinate procedural changes to the current process.
- Assist in collecting and analyzing data related to key process and quality metrics.
- Assist by providing coverage in the absence of Staff Members or Manager.
- Assist the Manager by prioritizing the daily workload of the team to accommodate time critical or high risk events.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes within the unit
- Shares own experience/knowledge with others; provides guidance and support to less experienced colleagues.
- Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of activities; acts as a source of technical expertise to others in own area; handles a variety of tasks at once.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required.
- At the minimum 7-10 years experience in the financial industry preferably with exposure to asset/cash servicing.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to multi-task.
- Excellent ability to analyze complex documents and understand financial markets.
- Proven ability to accurately process time sensitive transactions containing significant principal risk.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have excellent prioritization skills and sound independent judgment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.