Regional Payroll Senior Manager
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryPayroll Team is a key team within the Finance Team in PwC ME, delivering Payroll activities for the ME region (GCC and Levant countries).
The Job Holder is a senior member of the Team working to ensure all payroll activities are completed on time and according to approved policies and processes.
Adheres to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
Responsible for delivery of day to day activities relating to the payment of salaries, Taxes, benefits and allowances and reconciliations as well as any discretionary disbursements (e.g. Loans) to staff
Prepares and documents payroll checks, payroll taxes and employee benefit payments
- Lead team of payroll specialists executing payroll for 6,000+ staff across the Middle East
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality assurance and controls over this sensitive area
- Close working relationship across HC processing hub, country finance teams and HC business leads to ensure quick and timely resolution of any pending issues
- Drive transformation of processes, adoption of new payroll and finance ecosystem to ensure efficient processes end to end
- Responsible for the accurate calculation of individuals payroll and expenses
- Supervise preparations and documentation of payroll checks, social security deductions and employee benefit payments, as well as appropriate loan/finance deductions.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating payroll taxes, employer's social security and DEWS as relevant.
- Pay approved expense claims
- Deduct any inappropriate spend notified from finance
- Manage the Payroll team in the processing of payroll activities ensuring financial accuracy liaising with Country leadership / finance as required approval for approvals
- Keep up-to-date on regulatory payroll changes for all in scope jurisdictions.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Ensure that all employees are paid in a timely and accurate fashion
- Respond to employee queries on payroll or expense payments
- Provide staff with confidence by ensuring confidentiality of payroll process
- Work closely with OneFinance SSC expense processing team
- Evaluate current systems, and recommend and develop operating efficiency improvements in line with the tools available within the firm
- Monitor and ensure proper documentation of employee benefit payments
- Prepare reports illustrating payroll expenditures, including such items as tax payments and benefit plan disbursements
- Review local country process in centralising payroll to ensure process efficiency
- Overseeing internal/external audits
- Overseeing the new Payroll system implementation ensuring configurations are in line with the respective countries regulatory requirements and PwC policies.
- Highlighting HC issues that are reflected in payroll and escalating where necessary
Learning & Growth
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the Finance function
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum College education with focus in Finance, Accounting
- Fluency in written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage
- 7+ years of experience in a payroll function, 3+ years in a senior role
- Demonstrated experience within payroll function
- Experience leading payroll process for a large organization
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Excellent understanding of payroll processes
- Understanding of social security payments and taxes within the ME region
- In depth understanding of payroll, benefits, and reimbursement processing procedures
- Understanding of general accounting standards and practices
- Soft Skills
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Good people management skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.