Based at our Head Office in Dartford, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operation of all aspects of the finance department, supervising a finance team of 5 staff. You will also have day to day responsibility for financial internal control compliance to meet the parent company’s corporate governance requirements. The role offers the benefits of both hybrid working between the office and home, and flexible start / finish working hours.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the finance team.
- Provide timely and accurate management financial reporting to the CFO and to the rest of the business.
- Assist with the preparation of the year end and interim audit files and statutory financial reporting
- Develop a deep understanding of the ERP system and other processes of the business.
- Help shape the vision and strategy, develop, long range plans of the finance functions of the business and assist other departments with improvements where input from finance is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack on time.
- Oversee maintenance of all associated schedule produced by the finance team, including:
- Fixed assets schedule (tangible and intangible)
- Prepayment and accruals
- New car production margin analysis
- Stock and warranty provisions
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis reporting.
- To manage day to day cashflow and update of short term cashflow forecasting.
- Preparation and submission of the monthly VAT returns.
- Assist with collation and preparation of annual budgeting.
- Provide monthly and quarterly detailed reporting for parent group consolidation.
- To lead the annual and interim audit liaison with the external auditors.
- Maintain appropriate financial internal control for parent corporate governance requirements
Reporting directly to the CFO, the successful candidate will be required to develop good working relationships with the other departmental managers and the Executive team in order to fulfil this role to the best of their ability.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Relevant accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Previous experience of a production environment an advantage
- A knowledge of the Caterham product or passion for cars and motorsport would also be advantageous
- Key Competencies:
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship;
- Good communicator;
- Advanced excel and data analysis skills;
- Previous knowledge of SYSPRO ERP system an advantage;
- SQL query knowledge also an advantage;
Competitive market salary, 22 days annual leave (rising to maximum 27 days), pension, death in service life cover, annual company performance bonus, and lucrative staff discounts. Flexible working hours and home/office hybrid working.