Income Tax Analyst II
Assist the Manager, Income Tax with the preparation of the Company's federal and state income tax compliance, quarterly and annual ASC 740 financial reporting, information reporting compliance and other miscellaneous tax projects. Assists in providing tax support to multi-departmental disciplines and the Independent Sales Force.
- Prepares the consolidated federal income tax return. This includes soliciting information from various parties, preparing supporting workpapers and maintaining the tax compliance software.
- Prepares state income tax returns, extensions, and estimated payments utilizing tax compliance software. Prepares state apportionment workpapers.
- Maintains general knowledge of current federal and state income tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Maintains fixed asset tax depreciation schedules.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly and year-end ASC 740 (Accounting for Income Taxes) financial reporting. This may include any or all of the following: soliciting information from various parties, calculating the appropriate income tax expense and liability amounts, and preparing rate reconciliation calculations.
- Assists with the information reporting compliance program. This may include preparing backup withholding returns and payments and performing research.
- Updates the Company’s tax publications and communications to support the Independent Beauty Consultants in reporting their Mary Kay businesses on their individual tax returns.
- Researches tax notices and tax issues, determines the financial impact on the Company and documents the findings.
- Assists with tax audits including preparing documentation and reviewing documents requested.
- With supervision, communicates and resolves issues with taxing jurisdictions, Independent Beauty Consultants, outside vendors and internal customers.
- Assists with other projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience
Experience: 3+ years of tax experience
Education: Bachelor’s/University Degree in finance or accounting. Qualified to sit for the CPA exam preferred or Certified Public Accountant preferred.
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Analysis: With guidance, analyze moderate to complex information. Demonstrate ability to develop solutions to problems.
- Communication: Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Influence: Able to produce a desired effect by building and maintaining trusting relationships
- Internal Controls: Ability to review and understand company financial policies and procedures and ensure that these policies and procedures are followed.
- Professional Skepticism: Ability to identify unusual transactions and perform independent research to investigate root cause.
- Storytelling with Data: Able to organize data in a way that is easily understandable to an audience. Can develop a narrative from the data to communicate results or ideas effectively.
- Technology: Ability to utilize existing digital tools and technologies to perform tasks at a high level of productivity.
- Time/Quality: Ability to self-manage priorities to ensure deadlines are met. Completes work with minimal supervision and high quality of work. Able to manage expectations of business partners.
- Tools: Proficient in the use of software tools and systems; this includes Microsoft Office applications and understanding of relevant tax preparation software. Demonstrate ability to independently research problems. Intermediate understanding of the downstream effect of something happening in the system.
Looking for a career where you can make a difference? At Mary Kay we are committed to enriching the lives of women and their families around the world, we offer careers with unlimited opportunities to do something beautiful every day. More than 5,000 employees work in locations around the world. They provide the products, marketing and other support to millions of Independent Beauty Consultants (IBCs) who work as independent contractors, selling our products directly to consumers in nearly 40 markets on five continents.
We are a company that believes in our people and cares for them with truly exceptional benefits. We offer:
- A comprehensive health plan which includes medical, dental, and vision with low premiums
- 401(k) plan
- A generous profit-sharing program
- Free access to on-site fitness center and on-site clinic
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.