Sr. Information Systems Technical Auditor
Accountable for planning, performing and documenting multiple Internal Audit reviews of information systems as well as financial and operational controls. Provides Mary Kay management with an independent examination of the adequacy of computerized financial and operating policies, procedures and controls, identifying areas and methods for improvement resulting in recommendations to promote efficiency and cost savings. Responsible for working collaboratively with the financial audit team during audit projects.
- Performs information systems audits by reviewing and analyzing system configurations, Company records, procedures, and documentation related to computerized accounting, financial, and operational systems. These audits may involve departments with or without written policies and procedures. Utilizes judgment to determine whether computerized systems of financial and operating controls are functioning properly and are in compliance with good business practices and if established policies and procedures are adequate.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to understand processes. Utilizes ACL and/or programming languages (e.g., Python, SQL or similar) in computer assisted audit techniques to audit large datasets identifying exceptions, irregularities or trends.
- Prepares concise reports on examinations and findings which detail areas examined, areas needing improvement and measures required for corrective action. Drafts reports and memos for review by management and sends drafts to operation management for review and comment.
- Responsible for developing specific audit program steps, audit work plan, and specific audit tests for departments or areas with no prior audit lead files, workpapers, audit programs or history files. Provides suggestions for areas to be included in the Internal Audit departments annual audit schedule.
- Participates in meetings with all levels of management to provide information regarding the implementation of accounting or operational controls to safeguard the integrity of computerized systems.
- Assists external auditors on interim and annual basis to assure complete, accurate records and adequate internal controls in compliance with financial reporting requirements.
- Provides their expertise and experience to business projects in a consulting capacity in order to define the optimal end solution.
Skills & Experience
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in a global organization (private or public) or a public accounting firm
Education: Bachelor/University Degree with a focus on Computer Science, Accounting or Business Administration with emphasis in systems required
Certifications Preferred: CISA, CISSP, CCAK
Additional Skills & Abilities
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology framework (COBIT) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), and the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) of the Treadway Commission’s framework.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Experience in ACLGRC preferred. Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Company systems, how transactions are processed and a technical understanding of how multiple systems interface/interact. Documents this understanding using technical system flow charts.
- In addition must have an awareness of good security and privacy practices in end user computing, networking, and software development. Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) is beneficial.
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or newer based client server application architectures utilizing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and newer as well as Oracle database management systems. Also working knowledge of Sun Solaris and Redhat Unix/Linux based systems, SharePoint and .NET are required.
- A clear understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architectures. Additionally, experience performing security assessments and audits within cloud environments (AWS, GCP, MS Azure, Oracle) is strongly preferred.
- Must also have intermediate knowledge of a modern object oriented programming language (such as Python) and/or SQL or similar programming language which can be used to perform data analysis.
- Must be able to work on complex internal audits and multiple internal audits by efficiently managing multiple priorities and work streams.
- Must have an ability to perform information systems audit tests, to identify areas for improvement or non-compliance of policies and procedures and recommend corrective measures. Analytical abilities are required to evaluate systems, procedures and controls, and recommend innovative and effective corrective measures to evaluate the overall impact of issues.
- Ability to perform audits of computerized systems including knowledge of programming and systems design lifecycle frameworks such as (Waterfall and Agile.) Must be able to analyze design of computerized systems including flowcharting, programming, and definition of functional requirements in order to conduct pre-installation reviews of internally developed or purchased computerized systems.
- Must be skilled in utilizing ACL or other similar computer assisted auditing technique software packages to analyze large datasets and identify exceptions, irregularities or trends.
- Must understand the way financial accounting and related applications function and the linkage between IT risks and financial reporting. Experience auditing, administering or implementing PeopleSoft Financials/HR and/or JDE 9.1 is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively secure information from IST, domestic and international management and other departments during audits of computerized systems. Must be able to organize and succinctly explain deficiencies, risks, and recommendations to senior management in understandable and non-technical language.
- Must maintain some awareness of current developments in the regulatory, governance, IT, IS Audit and information security areas.
- Must be willing and able to travel and examine international subsidiaries where new or revised computer information systems have been installed. Must be able to assist in audits of international subsidiaries including both operational and financial reviews. Travel generally should not exceed 20% although individual trips may be of several weeks’ duration.
- Strong time management skills are necessary to manage multiple projects and deadlines while meeting the quality expectations of the department
- Must be customer service oriented to promote the Internal Audit image as serving departments versus “fault finding” and effectively convey identified weaknesses and recommendations.
- Background and experience in international business is preferred.
Looking for a career where you can make a difference? At Mary Kay we are committed to enriching the lives of women and their families around the world, we offer careers with unlimited opportunities to do something beautiful every day. More than 5,000 employees work in locations around the world. They provide the products, marketing and other support to millions of Independent Beauty Consultants (IBCs) who work as independent contractors, selling our products directly to consumers in nearly 40 markets on five continents.
We are a company that believes in our people and cares for them with truly exceptional benefits. We offer:
- A comprehensive health plan which includes medical, dental, and vision with low premiums
- 401(k) plan
- A generous profit-sharing program
- Free access to on-site fitness center and on-site clinic
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.