Tax Assistant Manager
Tax Assistant Manager, Corporate Tax, Private Client Tax, Personal Tax
Cardiff, South Wales
Competitive Salary + Study Support + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you're in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success".
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We're looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As an Assistant Manager in our Tax department, you will manage a portfolio of clients where your experience of P11ds, IHT and personal tax compliance will be put to good use. Ad hoc duties will arise in supporting the local partners as necessary. You will have strong experience of working within practice and have exposure to the essential elements of client service and delivery. You will be keen to develop further and continue your professional development.
In order to enhance your own personal development, you will have the opportunity to lead, manage, motivate and coach other members of the team so supervisory experience would be a distinct advantage. You will be working with a great team of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best.
In terms of qualifications, we want to ensure we are offering the best service to our customers so an accountancy qualification such as ATT or CTA are essential for this role. We will provide you with ongoing mentoring and coaching as you continue to develop personally. The successful appointment will have a collaborative outlook with a dynamic approach to management.A note from the Hiring Manager
"This is an opportunity to join a large friendly experienced tax team who between them service clients all across the South and South West of Wales from private clients to multinational companies. No day is the same! As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of tax services with our advisory team which you will have an opportunity to assist with. Your role will be to manage a portfolio of clients including compliance and advisory work and will be varied covering many sectors. "What's in it for you?
- 23/25 days annual leave + bank holidays - Time for you to focus on your family and what's important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
- Birthday Day off- Have a day off on your birthday on us!
- Lead Incentive Scheme (Up to Director level) –We offer generous financial rewards for helping Azets to grow our new client portfolio.
- Enhanced Parental + Family leave - We want Azets to be a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 3 months, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility) and our Adoption Leave policy follows the same arrangements.
- Flexible Hours & Working - Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance - 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it's time to step back and relax.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering Incentives - We believe it's important about helping those who need help.
- Employee assistance program - For you and your family.
- Dress for your day
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities- We want to help you in your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events - Time to stop, pause and have fun.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We're looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business, we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open-minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does this sound like you?Why join the Azets family?
The relationship that we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both our and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees and nurture talent from all backgrounds. This helps us to grow our own and bring out the very best in people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa."