Corporate Reporting Assistant
About the role
The National Finance Office (NFO) are hiring a Corporate Reporting Assistant to join their team. The purpose of this role is to ensure the finance function meets reporting deadlines, looking after our monthly management accounts, balance sheet reporting and other ad hoc tasks.
This is a wide and varied role with strong professional development opportunities; the successful candidate playing an integral part in driving forward the corporate reporting function of the firm.
About the company and department
The National Finance Office is a team of approximately 80 people, split over various locations. They are responsible for supporting the firm with all financial aspects of the day to day running, including supplier payments, payroll, commercial finance support and financial and statutory accounting to name a few.
The Corporate Reporting team in which this role resides is responsible for all the day-to-day financial and management accounting transactions and reconciliations.
About the job and responsibilities
The focus of this role is to support the Corporate Reporting team. Responsibilities of the role include various tasks covering the day-to-day accounting, examples being:
- Production of various monthly management account journals, ensuring these are completed to the highest standard.
- Balance sheet reconciliations such as accruals, prepayments, trade receivables and payables, ensuring output is compliant with both regulatory and internal standards
- Ensuring all processes and controls are efficient, fit for purpose and documented.
- Ad-hoc profit and loss reporting and projects.
- To develop a thorough understanding of the firm’s internal finance reporting systems and methodologies.
- To apply business understanding to ensure accurate and complete accounting records are maintained, resulting in meaningful and insightful management information being produced.
- Look to offer suggestions for process improvement.
- Collaborate with other parts of the finance team, ensuring best practice is adopted.
- To undertake ad hoc projects as agreed.
In addition, you will be required to liaise with other departments within RSM to ensure processes are being followed, therefore you will need good communication skills and will develop a strong knowledge of our internal functions to gain the insight and knowledge to produce high quality management information.
About the ideal candidate
The candidate should be organised and methodical in their approach, with a good eye for detail who is enthusiastic and a team player.
The candidate should be adaptable to change, thorough, flexible, and resilient whilst remaining accurate and helpful when working under pressure.
Excellent communication skills and being comfortable with computer systems including Excel is important.
The candidate should have the ability to work with others, producing actions to solve problems, whilst meeting deadlines.
Requirements and experience
- Proficient in Excel (understanding of pivot tables, vlookup, sumif etc. as a minimum)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with people at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Ideally experience with Microsoft Great Plains and SAP Concur – expense and invoice, but not essential
- Ideally studying or looking to start studying for a professional qualification
- Ideally with some basic accounting or bookkeeping experience
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.