Head of SOX
Get to know our Team
The Internal Controls and SOX team is a newly established team responsible for:
- Ensuring the Group’s compliance with SOX regulations, and internal control good practices
- Ensure effective and efficient financial policies, processes and controls in place
- Safeguarding of company assets through mitigating financial risks & exposures
- Continuous improvements on financial operation through implementing innovative solutions
We make an impact by working with multiple business stakeholders to understand and improve internal controls. Our team is made up of intellectually curious professionals who are keen to apply their knowledge and experience in a dynamic setting. If you are looking for the opportunity to shape the control environment at a fast-paced and dynamic technology firm, then you should join our team!
Get to know the Role
We are looking for a motivated candidate and a results-oriented leader to join as Head of SOX focusing on management of our global SOX program. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience identifying and evaluating financial and technology risks, evaluating the design of internal controls, and managing an end to end SOX program that assesses the effectiveness of Internal Control over Financial Reporting. In addition, the candidate will be detail-oriented and have the skills necessary to influence people in a fast-growing company. We believe a successful candidate has ample audit and risk advisory experience in the Technology industry, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. In return, you will get an opportunity to apply your expertise and be the internal go-to person on Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support the Regional Head of Internal Controls, SOX and Process of Excellence
- Manage the company's SOX compliance program (302/906 & 404) and act as a central point of contact and subject matter expert to ensure appropriate internal controls (manual and system) over financial reporting are designed and implemented under the 2013 COSO Framework
- Responsible for on-going project management of the SOX program, including managing a team, consisting of internal company resources, to optimize engagement economics and quality deliverables for the SOX program. Additionally, oversee the coordination efforts between external auditors and internal Business Process and Information Technology owners
- Drive the SOX scoping and risk assessment by collaborating with cross-functional teams to stay up to date on significant changes that may have an impact on the design and/or operating effectiveness of controls
- Maintain on-going communication with external auditors including alignment on SOX planning, walkthroughs/testing, audit requests, and deficiency evaluation
- Identify, evaluate, and monitor the remediation of control deficiencies
- Deliver timely and concise communication, including developing and producing management reporting, illustrating SOX status, trends, and remediation of deficiencies
- Prepare executive management and Audit Committee materials highlighting overall SOX progress and results
- Prepare periodic reports to Senior Management to facilitate the SOX 302 annual internal controls certifications
- Educate Business Process and Information Technology control owners by leading training sessions and focus sessions to demonstrate compliance requirements and share hot topics in SOX compliance
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA)
- 15 years of audit and risk advisory (including Sarbanes-Oxley) experience, in the Technology industry,
- Excellent command of English
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen
- Ability to think on your feet and work independently in a start-up environment.
- Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Leadership skills, with strong confidence for interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards such as COSO, and has strong relationships with private sector counterparts.
- Risk advisory skills (internal controls over financial reporting)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing teams.
- Qualification in Accounting, Internal Auditing.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques.
- Significant and diverse professional / internal audit experience, including International exposure (US & APAC)
- Strong communication, influencing skills and reporting writing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to provide direction to the team and the organization to ensure successful implementation of ICOFR policies and procedures
- Identify issues, determine root cause and recommend accurate and actionable solutions to improve controls and manage risk to the company’s risk appetite.
- Possess sound judgement with critical thinking skills and demonstrated in applying effective problem-solving techniques, thinking ahead to manage issues effectively.
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process with strong analytical ability
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.