Senior Tax Manager, Capital Allowances, Glasgow - Open to flexible working
Our specialist capital assets tax services team help our clients to optimise the tax relief available on capital expenditure incurred on property and fixed assets. They do this by combining an understanding of tax, accounting and the practical aspects of construction, property and cost management. The team has committed plans for the coming years and we are setting out a clear message that we are growing a team for the future. We want the right people on board to achieve these objectives. Many of our team work flexibly and are actively encouraged to find a working pattern that gives them the work life balance that works for them and our clients. EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join EY as a capital allowances specialist in the National Markets capital assets tax services team and help support our offering in Scotland. The candidate should be able to develop relationships and drive growth and in turn they will have the opportunity to progress and build a successful career at EY and become part of the leadership within the team.
The team has been at the forefront of technology within EY and have been the first tax team to launch a tool which uses Artificial Intelligence. The team help support and deliver pursuits and projects across all business sectors. You'll be involved in a fast growth part of the Business Tax Services team, working across the UK. Our team is a successful and growing one thanks to a large and varied client base ranging from multinational listed businesses to start up, entrepreneurial venture backed covering various sectors including Automotive, Medical, Health, Transportation and Manufacturing. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with both clients and our EY local offices, providing a great opportunity to expand your corporate network.
Your key responsibilities
You will be involved in a wide range of activities as part of the senior team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be actively involved in supporting and helping manage the National Markets capital allowances team
- Drive the internal and external business development opportunities in the National Markets and assist with the growth of the team
- Be involved in a wide range of fixed asset tax projects including discussing with clients their tax commitments and potential opportunities around fixed assets
- Undertake various capital allowances aspects associated with the role and required for the successful delivery of our services
- Develop and mentor junior members to the team
- Utilise and help develop new technology to assist with capital allowances analyses
- Prepare technical updates to clients and the wider tax practice following changes to the capital allowances legislation
- Maintain productive working relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
Skills and attributes for success
- Ambitious, driven, client focused and commercially aware with the ability to develop client relationships
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; MRICS; or Law qualification
- Experienced Capital Allowance tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.